Baitgrounds?

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Baitgrounds?

Post by STriplett1997 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Hey all,

I'm heading out of Yaringa tomorrow morning 10am for the incomming tide and plan on targeting some squid along Quail/Tyabb for snapper bait later on in the day as ive run out of Salmon in the freezer which was doing the damage.. still a newbie to squidding so we'll see how that goes. Failing that it'd be ideal to get onto some other freshies such as Trevally, salmon, snook etc.. Are the Quail and Tyabb banks good spots to target them as well? or Middle spit? any advice on location to catch some fresh bait would be appreciated :water:

Cheers :cheers:

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Baitgrounds?

Post by crumpet_avenger » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:05 pm

The pier near the sub to the south of hastings holds good bait.
Ive got mackerel yakkas couta and trevally there. Burley hard and cast towards the structure

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:15 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:The pier near the sub to the south of hastings holds good bait.
Ive got mackerel yakkas couta and trevally there. Burley hard and cast towards the structure
cheers. is that BP Jetty? paternoster rig?

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:24 pm

Yeah. Or you cannuse the sabiki jigs. They work well there..but the tide can rush through so pick your times

Toady king

Post by Toady king » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:32 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:The pier near the sub to the south of hastings holds good bait.
Watch out for the seal tho. Hung around us stealing roughly 10 yakkas :o_0:

Gummysmasher

Post by Gummysmasher » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:21 am

BP jetty is the best place for bait, never fails. Which ever way the tide is flowing make sure that's where your burley is flowing. There's a yellow sign saying you must be 100m away from the jetty. If your too close i bloke in a big red boat will come and tell you about it !! So position the boat 10-15 meters away from the sign and float in line with the pole while the anchor is going down. Allow about 5 mins for the burley to kick in and bring out the fish from the structure. On a good day should only take you 15 mins to get your bait and get out. Watch out for the seal he's cost me that much money in rigs ! I've seen some blokes fish off the pier and catch some small gummys !! :water:

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:31 am

I hate that seal.
I hope a white pointer drifts through there one day, and absolutely destroys it.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:46 am

I head that as weĺl and near the naval boat st stoney point

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”