60% chance of rain fishing

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
eddyt
Has liked: 25 times

60% chance of rain fishing

Post by eddyt » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:18 pm

Every now and then the fishing gods smile on you and say screw you to the willyweather forecasts. 60% chance of rain, decided to risk it and went LB off a pier. When I arrived the carpark was empty and nobody in sight on the pier. There were a few clouds around and it was pretty windy but no rain for the day.

Fishing the change of tide, the toadies were in plague proportions chewing through bait. I was targeting the trevally but looks like they haven't woken up yet. Ended up with a nice 40cm salmon on light gear on a falling tide which put up a pretty good fight with the strong current. Also dropped a chunky mullet on the surface.
salmon.jpg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: 60% chance of rain fishing

Post by Lightningx » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:34 pm

Nice size sambo. Well done :thumbsup:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:13 am

Nice done

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:30 am

In my experience if fishing LB you want to get out there if rain is in the way and the wind picking up.
Change and churned up conditions mean bite time!

mingle
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mingle » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:43 pm

Nice fish - btw you're supposed to take the clear-plastic wrap off the cork rod-butt :-)

Mike.

eddyt
Has liked: 25 times

Post by eddyt » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:29 pm

Thanks guys. Mike i know! But the plastic makes it easier to clean and it doesn't really bother me so i just leave it there. Does it actually make any difference to fishing?

mingle
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mingle » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:57 am

eddyt wrote:Thanks guys. Mike i know! But the plastic makes it easier to clean and it doesn't really bother me so i just leave it there. Does it actually make any difference to fishing?
I wouldn't have thought so. I think the idea with cork is that it has a better 'feel' than synthetic grips (a load of tosh, if you ask me). But cork is pretty tough, waterproof and still grippy when wet. I guess it's a bit of a retro thing and something manufacturers have brought back, just to sell more gear.

Mike.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:53 am

mingle wrote:
eddyt wrote:Thanks guys. Mike i know! But the plastic makes it easier to clean and it doesn't really bother me so i just leave it there. Does it actually make any difference to fishing?
I wouldn't have thought so. I think the idea with cork is that it has a better 'feel' than synthetic grips (a load of tosh, if you ask me). But cork is pretty tough, waterproof and still grippy when wet. I guess it's a bit of a retro thing and something manufacturers have brought back, just to sell more gear.

Mike.
The plastic wrap can trap moisture against your cork and make it rot, best to take it off
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”