Lang Lang Beach. 28/07/2017

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Lang Lang Beach. 28/07/2017

Post by Whiskers » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:23 pm

There was a window of opportunity today with the forecast of the high winds we've been having easing off from mid afternoon.
Couple this up with a high tide due just before 6.00 pm and it was an ideal time to try for some gummys.

It seemed as if a few other folk saw the same opportunity. There were a lot of rods out today.

Nothing for me today but a young guy I've met a few times down there was giving it a crack. He has never caught a gummy despite putting in twenty or more trips in the last couple of months or so, until today.

He had two today, the first fish just legal size and then ten minutes later, a thumper measuring 120 cm.

It was terrific to see him catch them. He was literally doing happy dances on the beach.
:banana:

GoodFriendToadie

Re: Lang Lang Beach. 28/07/2017

Post by GoodFriendToadie » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:45 pm

Whiskers wrote:There was a window of opportunity today with the forecast of the high winds we've been having easing off from mid afternoon.
Couple this up with a high tide due just before 6.00 pm and it was an ideal time to try for some gummys.

It seemed as if a few other folk saw the same opportunity. There were a lot of rods out today.

Nothing for me today but a young guy I've met a few times down there was giving it a crack. He has never caught a gummy despite putting in twenty or more trips in the last couple of months or so, until today.

He had two today, the first fish just legal size and then ten minutes later, a thumper measuring 120 cm.

It was terrific to see him catch them. He was literally doing happy dances on the beach.
Would it be worth to give it a crack tommorow night at 6:23 high tide? But strong winds (34km)?

Whiskers

Post by Whiskers » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:12 pm

[Would it be worth to give it a crack tommorow night at 6:23 high tide? But strong winds (34km)?]

It's a good tide and at an optimum time, but (for me personally) fishing with a 30 to 40 kmh wind into my face ain't gonna happen. It's just misery but good luck if try it.
:down:

GoodFriendToadie

Post by GoodFriendToadie » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:33 pm

Whiskers wrote:[Would it be worth to give it a crack tommorow night at 6:23 high tide? But strong winds (34km)?]

It's a good tide and at an optimum time, but (for me personally) fishing with a 30 to 40 kmh wind into my face ain't gonna happen. It's just misery but good luck if try it.
:down:
I hate winter :/

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:48 pm

1.2m that's a good one :thumbsup:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:40 am

GoodFriendToadie wrote:
Whiskers wrote:There was a window of opportunity today with the forecast of the high winds we've been having easing off from mid afternoon.

Would it be worth to give it a crack tommorow night at 6:23 high tide? But strong winds (34km)?
Look for places where the wind will be offshore perhaps, it'll be a lot less uncomfortable although it will still be raining.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Whiskers

Post by Whiskers » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:18 pm

Back to Lang Lang tonight for another crack.(31/07/2017)

Conditions were perfect, just a very light south westerly and high tide just after 7.30 pm.

Two smallish gummys, a couple of bruiser size eagle rays and a steady stream of beardies. I was surprised to see so many there. They weren't big, most were about half a kg each. Amazing how they can scoff down a gummy bait!

packed up about 9.15 pm. The temperature was dropping like a stone.
:water:

GoodFriendToadie

Post by GoodFriendToadie » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:03 am

Whiskers wrote:Back to Lang Lang tonight for another crack.(31/07/2017)

Conditions were perfect, just a very light south westerly and high tide just after 7.30 pm.

Two smallish gummys, a couple of bruiser size eagle rays and a steady stream of beardies. I was surprised to see so many there. They weren't big, most were about half a kg each. Amazing how they can scoff down a gummy bait!

packed up about 9.15 pm. The temperature was dropping like a stone.
well at least you got something, good job, when i go there i see people catch nothing accept for summer and elephant season so you must be good to be able to catch them. :D

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:58 pm

G'day,

Thinking about giving Lang Lang a go tonight. Incoming tide starts around 7:30pm, believe it's a new moon too. Thoughts? Any pointers?

Whiskers

Post by Whiskers » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:49 pm

I've only just logged on so it's probably too late to make a post that will help you.

I was there today. High tide was at 2.00 pm.

The water is still very murky from the rain last week. The Lang Lang River is very high and a lot of silty run-off is pouring into the bay.
At half flood tide the water quality isn't too bad but as the tide approaches the high it is pushing the Lang Lang River flood water right into the beach. Not only is the flood water very murky but there's a heck of a lot of weed too. Fishing there is a bit of a pain right now.

The only fish caught today were a few small salmon (but better than a doughnut).

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”