Hit hit hit bite bite bite @ Sawtell's Inlet

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Hit hit hit bite bite bite @ Sawtell's Inlet

Post by happyfriggincamper » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:42 pm

Went down to Tooradin today to give it a shot - first time fishing there and one of the handful of times I have fished a estuary/inlet in my life. Saw high tide was at about 2.45pm, so figured it's a good day to be in with a chance at something either side of the peak.

The chair didn't even get unpacked, as manning the rods was non-stop as soon as the baits hit the water for the whole session. Frustratingly missing each potential hook up in the first 10 minutes, I finally jag something - reeled it into sight - saw the flash of a small bream and it was off the hook. That was the only sight of a fish - the next hour was trying different techniques to connect on an enquiry. Then after no success - the next hour was the chair unpacked and just seeing what fish were stupid enough to hook themselves with me sitting there watching each rod go off constantly...none of them were stupid enough haha.

I was fishing small from the very start - both rods with fly fishing hooks and a square of chicken no bigger than the tip of your little finger on paternoster rigs. Presume it was all little bream, mullet and toadys constantly at the bait. Considered upsizing to a bigger hook and chunk of chicken, but assumed all the little pickers would have just had at it. Oh well - i'll go back for another shot sometime soon.

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Hit hit hit bite bite bite @ Sawtell's Inlet

Post by davek » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:54 am

Frustrating alright, keep at it you'll get the little buggers and possibly a decent one too, :thumbsup: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Vargs

Post by Vargs » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:36 am

I always found that toadies pretty much took all the bait land based around there.

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:38 am

Try running sinker rig with long lead and casting as far as you can. The toadies are alot less further into the deep

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”