A Good morning Out WPB

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

A Good morning Out WPB

Post by FishnMiss » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:07 pm

I took the yak out this morning about 4.30 for a session hunting Gummies. The conditions were pretty good with a very light breeze and the stars were looking really good (I paused a few times on my way out just to look up at them and enjoy them in the tranquil peace and quite. A few little gummies were near the surface and were startled by my light and would suddenly splash and dive down (I'm not sure if they were feeding on bugs etc floating on the surface in the dark).
I moved out about 3.5Km's into 2.5m of water knowing the tide was coming in (around 8am High) and it would go over 3m deep.
I anchored up and chucked out a couple of lines and waited. bout 15 minutes in I got I nice solid hit and was on. I quickly pulled my other line in just in case it tangled. A few minutes later I had a nice chunky Elly :( I unraveled it and sent it off again.

I picked up a few small gummies but nothing to keep. About 1.5Hrs after I launched a mate joined me and he also picked up a few undersized gummies.
Around 7 am I had a nice tug on the rod and zing it was off. At first I thought RAY but it stopped and came towards me then ran off again. It did this a number of times till it tired and I got it to the side and Yeah Baby a nice chunky 95cm Gummy :-D
A short while later another Elly a bit smaller than the first one and once again after untangling it I sent it off.
Around 8am bang my other rod gets a good hit and were on except this time I wasn't quick enough to get my lines in and I was fighting this fish and 3 lines and anchor rope that ended up under the yak. Eventually I managed to untagle the anchor rope and keep the fish from breaking me off and was excited to see another nice sized Gummy of 90cm come on board (I think I found a Mantis shrimp in it's mouth too, at least that's what it looked like). I had to cut one of the lines to pieces to get it off the other 2 lines and get the mess under control.
I tried Cheaters trick of cutting the Gummy underneath by the Gills And he's right the blood does spray everywhere but that's what I have a bailing bucket for, to wash the blood off :P Once again the pedals and slot are a great place to bleed them.
I also managed a 29cm Flatty but thought I'd let it go as I had the gummies.
We were close to the channel and things had quitened down so we hiked the 500m there and had a go. Oh boy I think I hit Schoolie Nursery, I've never caught so many little school sharks in my life and not 1 gummy.
Eventually after about 40 mins I said to my mate lets move so we hiked across back closer to Tenby/Corinella and he got a LJ, Flatty and a nice whiting. Around 10.30 we pulled the pin and headed in.
I decided to give him my 90cm Gummy as I know him and his family enjoy them.
All up a very good morning and I think we covered about 10.5 km's all up.
Attachments
IMG_20160416_210916.jpg
1.jpg
IMG_20160416_211011.jpg
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Bar002811

Re: A Good morning Out WPB

Post by Bar002811 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:12 pm

Nice gummie catch mate :)

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:01 pm

Nice report and well done with the gummies :thumbsup:

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:07 pm

Sounds like a great morning on the water! Topped off with a nice feed. Well done.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:19 am

Great read and ripper gummies conditions look great

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:46 am

That is a ripper gummy
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:10 am

Thanks for the comments.
In hindsight I think I'll try pose the fish so it looks more dignified before taking a shot :)
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:29 pm

Nice gummys there, well done!

matt1991

Post by matt1991 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:12 am

Sounds like an awesome morning...spewing i pulled the pin last minute not to head out Saturday...

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:54 am

In the picture, the condition looks perfect for kayaking :)

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”