Gummy Bashing

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Gummy Bashing

Post by FishnMiss » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:33 pm

Thanks for the tips lads :thumbsup:
I'll try that next.
Cheater I notice you sometimes have a small club with you. Do you bash/stun them or anything before bleeding etc?
Thanks
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:44 pm

FishnMiss wrote:Thanks for the tips lads :thumbsup:
I'll try that next.
Cheater I notice you sometimes have a small club with you. Do you bash/stun them or anything before bleeding etc?
Thanks
I do carry a Priest but normally brain spike them with a knife - but I cut there throats first and bleed them properly
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Stevieboy

Post by Stevieboy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:57 am

I have to ask since its a question I always have when seeing people posting photos of gummies... Why do you cut that area out around the head?

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:01 am

Stevieboy wrote:I have to ask since its a question I always have when seeing people posting photos of gummies... Why do you cut that area out around the head?
It's to bleed the gummy, you can cut under neck or back of the head..

Stevieboy

Post by Stevieboy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:03 am

Thanks buckle&scream... I'm still learning, I'm new to all this. :)

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:10 am

Stevieboy wrote:Thanks buckle&scream... I'm still learning, I'm new to all this. :)
No problem bud! :thumbsup:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:50 am

Stevieboy wrote:I have to ask since its a question I always have when seeing people posting photos of gummies... Why do you cut that area out around the head?
Gummies don't taste that flash if you don't bleed them and clean them straight away. It's to do with the urea they have in the blood. No idea why people do the cut on top and not the bottom though.

Keeping them cool is also important, if you're targeting them make sure you have enough ice to keep them cold until you get home.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

skye

Post by skye » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:02 pm

Another one that I've always done (as I hate the nasty gash on the top of the head, as it doesn't look nice in photos), is to dispatch the gummy in your preferred method, then run your knife through the 1st gill from either side. This hits of of the main arteries along the spine and if you tie the gummy up tail first and allow the blood to run out for a couple minutes then on ice, it is prime. Another old boy also taught me that on bigger gummies if you decide to keep one, doing your bleeding method from the head and then also near the tail helps to get all of the blood out.

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:44 pm

I haven't really targeted gummies much, but since I got my first decent keeper about a month ago and tasted how good they are I'm keen to get more.
I don't like the top of the head gash thing so thanks Cheater I'll be doing the spike & underside cut.
Being in a yak I don't have too much space to hang em and bleed them. I kinda prop them up between my pedals to drain (which isn't the best because the bloods going into the water & is supposed to scare other gummies off). I then put them in my esky which has a few dry ice blocks in it.
Attachments
IMG_20160310_224217.jpg
Jus hangin around
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:49 pm

You ain't fishing if your footwells aren't awash with fish blood
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”