Newbie to area

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Re: Newbie to area

Post by Redhunter » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:05 pm

Newhaven pier often fishes well on tide changes. An hr each side should give you a chance at a salmon, mullet, flatty, trevally, and pinkies. Try to steer clear of pippies and squid, as the toadies will drive you bonkers. Pilchard fillets have worked best for me here.
Cowes pier I haven't fished too many times, but once again concentrate your efforts around tide changes. Anything is a possibility off here, from gars to big sharks.
A late afternoon rising tide fishing off the beach at San Remo near the caravan park there can produce another mixed bag of bread and butter species as named above.
Unfortunately I haven't fished these areas recently, so can't give a report as such, but that's a few spots I'd be looking at. Good luck!

Aceballbreaker

Post by Aceballbreaker » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:34 am

Thanks red,
:thumbsup:

Aceballbreaker

Post by Aceballbreaker » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:31 am

So, back home, and although we caught nothing but toadies it was enjoyable. The weather wasn't too nice but hey, who cares. Went fishing off new haven pier on squid and bluebait fillets, a few bites but nothing reeled in. Fisheries were out and about too, checking licences. Went to cowes jetty early but nothing. I don't feel as bad though, for the amount of time on both we weren't the only ones catching stuff all.
The little fella loved it and keen to get back.
Looking for a few early mornings down the bay monday.
Thanks for all the info guys,

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”