snapper landbased at westernport report

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
viclovesfish

snapper landbased at westernport report

Post by viclovesfish » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:49 am

Hi guys, I was late on my report! :victory:
So I went to Corinella Friday night and was surprised how many boats are in there, so packed.... and is like a herd of boats in front of the jetty... 30 min just to get parking spot very long que..... was an excellent weather.. was about to back out when my mate insisted we try for atleast 2 hours, so off we go.. stayed for 2 hours caught a stingray.. current is moving fast,. few bites but no hook up.. 11pm we decided to move to another spot...

so drove 5 min and got to the spot, set up 3 surf rod, lit a cigarette and waited 30 min later was talking to my mate and noticed one of the rod missing,,,, was so dark... run where I put it and the PVC pipe was knocked out.. and rod on the water, so I picked it up and reeled it in.. I can feel the sand grinding on the reel.. when the line was straight I felt something moved.. ahhh theres a fish on the other end.. that's why, I quickly put tension and reeled.. and wolahh.. another snapper on a very shallow water,, and she is a fat one..
Attachments
snapperonlandB.png
snapperonlandB.png (50.83 KiB) Viewed 1096 times

matt1991

Re: snapper landbased at westernport report

Post by matt1991 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:22 am

haha its amazing when you try and concentrate nothing happens but when you relax and dont pay attention it comes to you.

Well done mate

viclovesfish

Post by viclovesfish » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:42 am

matt1991 wrote:haha its amazing when you try and concentrate nothing happens but when you relax and dont pay attention it comes to you.

Well done mate
yeah and thanks to the invention of circle hooks and bait runner reels.. the fish is still on the hook... and did not loose my rod..

Fishn104

Post by Fishn104 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:37 am

Your doing pretty good mate. Solid fish too!
FISHING AWAKENS THE SOUL!!

Fishing Victoria Comp SPEC1516. Total: 326cm
FRESH:
Redfin 44cm. Yellow belly 39cm. Carp 81cm. Rainbow trout 33cm.

SALT: mullet 38cm. Trevally 43cm. KG Whiting 28cm. Squid 20cm.

viclovesfish

Post by viclovesfish » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:49 am

Fishn104 wrote:Your doing pretty good mate. Solid fish too!
Thanks... my wife said .. just right size for eating , the first one I caught was too big and flesh is bit hard...
I spoke to a locall fisho overthere and he said he did'nt caught snapper b-4 on that spot as it is too shallow.. only gummies.. we were after gummies that night.. he also mentioned 3 more weeks and gummy will be entering the area.. so looking forward of going back there nxtmonth...

Fishn104

Post by Fishn104 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:05 pm

viclovesfish wrote:
Fishn104 wrote:Your doing pretty good mate. Solid fish too!
Thanks... my wife said .. just right size for eating , the first one I caught was too big and flesh is bit hard...
I spoke to a locall fisho overthere and he said he did'nt caught snapper b-4 on that spot as it is too shallow.. only gummies.. we were after gummies that night.. he also mentioned 3 more weeks and gummy will be entering the area.. so looking forward of going back there nxtmonth...
Yep good eating size that one! Good luck with the gummies.
FISHING AWAKENS THE SOUL!!

Fishing Victoria Comp SPEC1516. Total: 326cm
FRESH:
Redfin 44cm. Yellow belly 39cm. Carp 81cm. Rainbow trout 33cm.

SALT: mullet 38cm. Trevally 43cm. KG Whiting 28cm. Squid 20cm.

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”