Who's going out this weekend?

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
rohan201990

Re: Who's going out this weekend?

Post by rohan201990 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:11 pm

Im all loaded up and good to go tomorrow now I've got some fresh banana prawns for bait two big fresh calamari for bait and I'll hopefully sound up some Yakkas to put out as livies

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:22 pm

Went to Martha rocks tonight, 4:30 to dark, not a touch, had two bait rods out and was tossing around slugs/squid jigs. Saw someone at the mouth of the river in Mt Martha and thought about having a crack there as it was probably one of you lot, however decided to stick to the plan. Ah well.

Popped out on mornington pier for a bit on the way home, figured I could redeem myself with a couple of squid, and didnt get a touch there either. Cant win em all I guess.

Guess I better console myself with a couple of Saturday night frothies :P Maybe i can squeeze in a flick tomorrow some time.

rohan201990

Post by rohan201990 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Hey guys got to corinella at 6am, first stop out front of Pelican rock to stock up on fresh baits not much luck there got 2 squid, a salmon and trevally for bait, (lucky I bought some banana prawns) the bay was very dirty even up towards Phillip Island had a sound around there nothing really worth stopping for so I headed back towards Lang Lang way, water was 10.4 degrees, dropped the pick and put out a spread of banana prawns, trevally chunk salmon and pilchards and squid before I had all the rods in bang landed a nice little eater gummy, waited around for another Few hours and got a few more as well as a few seven gillers, no luck on snapper today our best bait was banana prawn followed by squid and trevally fillet, no real monsters in the mix but still a good feed and a great flat day out on the water

rohan201990

Post by rohan201990 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:39 pm

Ended the day with 6 gummys to a metre let 4 go kept a couple and about 4 seven gillers all under a metre

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:44 pm

How big the 7 gills small ones, Good work on the gummies

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:45 pm

Gummys rule
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

rohan201990

Post by rohan201990 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:48 pm

Gillers were tiny not long born id reckon lucky to be 25cm, the gummys are great but can always rely on em for a feed, can't wait for the next few months when the snapper show up in big numbers again, had a great season last year can't wait for this year

George7

Post by George7 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:03 am

Headed out to mornington pier last n8ght. Forgot all about the construction zone so couldnt go on the main pier area.

There was a few people around, some fishing the rocks just under the carpark area and the rest on the smaller pier infront of the restaraunt. Pretty quiet night overall, pulled in one small squid, probably 10cm hood. Tried using the head off that as bait for something but no luck.

From all reports from other fishos out there, not much biting unfortunately.

If anyone was thinking of going and just getting past the fence, and having the pier all to themselves, I wouldnt reccomend it. I was actually thinking of doing that myself but aparently just before I got there some people had already done that and some came down "to investigate" and had abit of a go at them.

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”