Sunday morning at the Gun

brybry

Sunday morning at the Gun

Post by brybry » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:23 pm

One of those ordinary fishing days. Really messy surf. Crappy pilchards that were supposedly IQF but seemed to have been refrozen a few times and were horribly soft. Wouldn't stay and the hooks. Couldn't cast for peanuts, timing up the creek. Weed monsters. Gangs hooks coming apart. Cut myself whilst shaving a few crap pillies for burley. Still, can't complain too much. Was just great to be outside and had most of the beach to myself. Managed to pull in half decent fish of around a 1.5 kilos.

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Sunday morning at the Gun

Post by Raulfc7 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:27 pm

brybry wrote:One of those ordinary fishing days. Really messy surf. Crappy pilchards that were supposedly IQF but seemed to have been refrozen a few times and were horribly soft. Wouldn't stay and the hooks. Couldn't cast for peanuts, timing up the creek. Weed monsters. Gangs hooks coming apart. Cut myself whilst shaving a few crap pillies for burley. Still, can't complain too much. Was just great to be outside and had most of the beach to myself. Managed to pull in half decent fish of around a 1.5 kilos.
Crap bait that's falling apart seaweed everywhere and you still manage to pull out a 1.5kg salmon I'm guessing... ain't a bad effort
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

anth2013

Post by anth2013 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:30 am

brybry wrote:One of those ordinary fishing days. Really messy surf. Crappy pilchards that were supposedly IQF but seemed to have been refrozen a few times and were horribly soft. Wouldn't stay and the hooks. Couldn't cast for peanuts, timing up the creek. Weed monsters. Gangs hooks coming apart. Cut myself whilst shaving a few crap pillies for burley. Still, can't complain too much. Was just great to be outside and had most of the beach to myself. Managed to pull in half decent fish of around a 1.5 kilos.
Use rock salt on pillies for couple hours to preserve it make a bit tougher

Plas-Flicker

Post by Plas-Flicker » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:23 am

Or...stop using bait :-o metal lured don't fall apart LOL
Tight lines = Good Times!

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Plas-Flicker wrote:Or...stop using bait :-o metal lured don't fall apart LOL
They fly a fair distance though, as your leader snaps off. (When you get someone else to help you tie a leader to your braid) :icon_lolz:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:33 pm

raco09 wrote:
They fly a fair distance though, as your leader snaps off. (When you get someone else to help you tie a leader to your braid) :icon_lolz:
Let me recommend Geoff Wilson's book of knots and rigs....and some bloody practice..lol...
Ps...Thursday evening is looking pretty sweet....I know where I'll be straight after work...

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:49 pm

CarlG wrote:
raco09 wrote:
Let me recommend Geoff Wilson's book of knots and rigs....and some bloody practice..lol...
Bloody good advice there Carl only he would need someone to translate it for him. Oh and the next time you spin with him show him the merit of having your leader knot OUTSIDE the last guide...and he wonders why his lure flies and doesn't come back :doh1:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:50 pm

Thursday is going to rain a lot! If I decide I want it bad enough I might come down and join you Carlo
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:25 pm

DougieK wrote:Thursday is going to rain a lot! If I decide I want it bad enough I might come down and join you Carlo
Sweet...hope it absolutely bleaches down.... :thumbsup: get yerself down man, you know it makes sense...

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:32 pm

CarlG wrote:
DougieK wrote:Thursday is going to rain a lot! If I decide I want it bad enough I might come down and join you Carlo
Sweet...hope it absolutely bleaches down.... :thumbsup: get yerself down man, you know it makes sense...
Hey Carl,
That video link you posted yesterday with the Kahawai/Salmon, would you recommend what that bloke did and remove the triple/treble hook and replace with a single one on the lure?
Thanks.
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”