Gunnamatta 04/12

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Gunnamatta 04/12

Post by 4liters » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:16 am

Headed down to Gunnamatta this morning as the wind looked nice for it. Pity the tide was low and getting lower by the time I got there and that was probably why there were no fish.

Having walked to the end without a single hit I decided to keep walking and check out down towards Cape Schanck. There's some interesting rock platforms along there that might have been worth a shot if the swell had been a bit lower.

The only thing of note was finding a shopping bag full of live sea snails tucked away behind a rock along with a couple of portable stoves, and a couple of zip lock bags of abalone scattered along the sand. It looked a pretty suss so I gave fisheries a call, then released the snails and one abalone that was still alive.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Gunnamatta 04/12

Post by CarlG » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:36 pm

Nice work Ian.
Had planned an early am slide session this morning, but a 13 hour shift yesterday knocked that into touch.
Might have a peek kater, but if the swell is up a bit..maybe not.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:44 pm

Nice work mate. Today I was walking along the foreshore in Altona with my partner and noticed many people taking illegal shellfish in water only about a metre or less. Fisheries were catching many but couldn't keep up. Went down further and there were a lot more. Reported as many as I could.

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:46 pm

Bad luck Ian but thanks for the report. I'm interested to see if December proves to be successful as previous years :thumbsup:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:20 pm

Fished Londy area this afternoon until 630PM. Big swell! Fish a cast! Weedfish only, all released unharmed.

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”