Gunnamagic

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Gunnamagic

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:42 am

Busted lures have a 45 and 20 gram lures that the line can run through the middle, and with the right rod, these can almost be cast a country mile,
http://www.bustedfishing.com/#!/Busted- ... ort=normal

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:16 am

CarlG wrote:
You keep losing salmon in the wash 'cos you're a useless flog, lets not beat around the bush here.

Lol..
being a useless flog doesn't seem to stop you landing them, which is why I wondered if it was the drag setting I had
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:24 am

4liters wrote:
CarlG wrote:
You keep losing salmon in the wash 'cos you're a useless flog, lets not beat around the bush here.

Lol..
being a useless flog doesn't seem to stop you landing them, which is why I wondered if it was the drag setting I had
My thoughts re drag..... tight enough so that if the fish really wants to go it can. Time the landing with an incoming wave and reel like a mad bastard cos the water will push the salmon towards you, then put your hand on the spool and RUN up the beach keeping your rod low and at 90 degrees to it. As the water receeds run back down, grab your salmon and GTFO of the way of the next incoming wave, de hook, if you're keeping them chuck it as far up the beach as you can and cast again ASAP.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

4liters

Post by 4liters » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:32 am

DougieK wrote:
4liters wrote:
CarlG wrote:

Lol..
My thoughts re drag..... tight enough so that if the fish really wants to go it can. Time the landing with an incoming wave and reel like a mad bastard cos the water will push the salmon towards you, then put your hand on the spool and RUN up the beach keeping your rod low and at 90 degrees to it. As the water receeds run back down, grab your salmon and GTFO of the way of the next incoming wave, de hook, if you're keeping them chuck it as far up the beach as you can and cast again ASAP.
I had trouble timing the landing with the incoming waves because I had no idea how far out the fish was at the time, but it sounds like I was more or less doing everything else right

maybe I need to invest in a few barrett 45s
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:46 am

It happens, some days you just can't get the timing right or for what ever reason they flick off at the last min, other days, you'll land every one.
If you haven't done it for a while, you'll probably lose more than you catch.

4liters

Post by 4liters » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:06 am

Brett wrote:It happens, some days you just can't get the timing right or for what ever reason they flick off at the last min, other days, you'll land every one.
If you haven't done it for a while, you'll probably lose more than you catch.
true, it has been a long time since I tried spinning for them and I wasn't exactly prolific before that

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”