Has liked: 15 times

Re: The Gunnamatta trudge.

Post by Basti » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:45 pm

those are the ones man, 40-60g if your rod can handle it

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:28 pm

Those singles might be a touch small. generally we have been using 2/0 and 3/0 decoy jigging singles. Not sure what size you have there, apart from small lol

trebbalzzz

Post by trebbalzzz » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:58 pm

Ah ok thanks for that, they were the only single lure hooks I had I go get some new ones tomorrow and switch them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015/16 Spec Comp:
Fresh water: Rainbow trout 27cm

trebbalzzz

Post by trebbalzzz » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:01 am

I hit up gunnamatta this morning first time surf spinning and first time using lure for salmon.
I could only get in 2 hours because I had to paint the house but managed one about 25cm released and one probably just on legal also released, all up I was happy to get out for a fish and absolutely love the surf spinning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015/16 Spec Comp:
Fresh water: Rainbow trout 27cm

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:45 pm

Did the Gunnamatta trudge this morning, and not a single hit.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:21 am

Is it worth while doing the gunna trudge over the next few days/

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:40 am

I'm not sure if you're joking or not.

http://www.willyweather.com.au/vic/morn ... beach.html

Swell is crazy from about lunch tomorrow until at least tuesday.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Sam Sneed

Post by Sam Sneed » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:12 pm

Seas will be angry my friend, like an old man trying to return soup at the deli!

jsonh

Post by jsonh » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:32 pm

Had a full day at Gunnamatta today, the weather was amazing, pretty calm and overcast. First time spinning for Salmon in my life not a good start, but I'm pretty stubborn so I'll keep trying.

I was using a Gillies metal lure 40g and had a Gillies 60g glow in the dark belly as well.

Arrive at around 8:30am and proceeded to spin all the gutters with the 40g Gillies, saw a two bait fishos who weren't having any luck, kept moving from gutter to gutter all the way to the rocks!! (boy guns is a long beach), got tired and hungry so I stopped at the rocks and had a snack and took a few photos.
Tried spinning off the rocks but after a few high waves decided it was too dangerous by myself so started to head back.
Changed over to the 60g Silver lure with the glow in the dark belly and proceeded to spin all the gutters on my way back.

Nothing :(

spoke to a few surfers who said they couldn't see any salmon while they were out there today (usually they see a few schools)

I wonder if the results would have been the same with bait? I'm so torn, bloody good workout though, I'm going to sleep well tonight and probably keep the misses up with my snoring.

you win some, you lose some, I'll be back Guns!

Regards Jason :|

dezza68

Post by dezza68 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:41 pm

jsonh wrote:Had a full day at Gunnamatta today, the weather was amazing, pretty calm and overcast. First time spinning for Salmon in my life not a good start, but I'm pretty stubborn so I'll keep trying.

I was using a Gillies metal lure 40g and had a Gillies 60g glow in the dark belly as well.

Arrive at around 8:30am and proceeded to spin all the gutters with the 40g Gillies, saw a two bait fishos who weren't having any luck, kept moving from gutter to gutter all the way to the rocks!! (boy guns is a long beach), got tired and hungry so I stopped at the rocks and had a snack and took a few photos.
Tried spinning off the rocks but after a few high waves decided it was too dangerous by myself so started to head back.
Changed over to the 60g Silver lure with the glow in the dark belly and proceeded to spin all the gutters on my way back.

Nothing :(

spoke to a few surfers who said they couldn't see any salmon while they were out there today (usually they see a few schools)

I wonder if the results would have been the same with bait? I'm so torn, bloody good workout though, I'm going to sleep well tonight and probably keep the misses up with my snoring.

you win some, you lose some, I'll be back Guns!

Regards Jason :|

To be fair I've found that its been patchy down there recently. To give youself the best chance you have to be fishing first or last light. Thats not to say you cant catch at other times its just not as consistent. Keep trying it will happen.

Dez

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”