The Gunnamatta trudge.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: The Gunnamatta trudge.

Post by ducky » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:10 pm

How come you blokes don't clean the fish? Not eating them?

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:38 pm

By the time they drag them to the car they are scaled ! all that's left is to gut them jobs done ! :rofl:
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:41 pm

ducky wrote:How come you blokes don't clean the fish? Not eating them?
I only ever really use them for gummy bait really, in which case you want the blood still in them. I am sure the guys that smoke em / thai fish cake them probably look after them a bit better haha.

Sam Sneed

Post by Sam Sneed » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:47 pm

Scraglor wrote:
ducky wrote:How come you blokes don't clean the fish? Not eating them?
I only ever really use them for gummy bait really, in which case you want the blood still in them. I am sure the guys that smoke em / thai fish cake them probably look after them a bit better haha.
Last 2 I caught were so nice. Stuffed with garlic, didnt have lemon but had limes, so a few slices in cavity, salt and pepper. Wrapped in foil, 20mins in the oven. Bloody beautiful

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:14 pm

i usually just bleed if im going to eat. gut at home. probably should do it on the beach though. Hornet you make me wonder if we're dragging them by the wrong end. some scales are indeed lost on the drag, but maybe it'd work better against the grain

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:20 pm

Basti wrote:i usually just bleed if im going to eat. gut at home. probably should do it on the beach though. Hornet you make me wonder if we're dragging them by the wrong end. some scales are indeed lost on the drag, but maybe it'd work better against the grain
the trick is to walk backwards ;)
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:36 pm

mazman wrote:
Basti wrote:i usually just bleed if im going to eat. gut at home. probably should do it on the beach though. Hornet you make me wonder if we're dragging them by the wrong end. some scales are indeed lost on the drag, but maybe it'd work better against the grain
the trick is to walk backwards ;)
:doh1: of course!

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:38 pm

I tried salmon a few months ago. Shitcanned it to a few mates who told me to try it. They gave me some instructions which I tried Monday morning with a salmon from gunners and it was awesome.

Slit the salmons throat with a knife. Stick it in the sand upside down and let it pump the blood out. Gut and gill it shortly after. When home fillet it. Split the fillets down the lateral line and remove the red meat. Shallow fry in a simple egg and flour batter wth salt and pepper.

Absolutely delicious. Will be keeping more from now on.

Must be eaten that day though. Fish was bloody easy to clean in the surf break. Wash it out in the water and throw it in the bag. Easier then making a mess at home.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:45 pm

ducky wrote:I tried salmon a few months ago. Shitcanned it to a few mates who told me to try it. They gave me some instructions which I tried Monday morning with a salmon from gunners and it was awesome.

Slit the salmons throat with a knife. Stick it in the sand upside down and let it pump the blood out. Gut and gill it shortly after. When home fillet it. Split the fillets down the lateral line and remove the red meat. Shallow fry in a simple egg and flour batter wth salt and pepper.

Must be eaten that day though. Fish was bloody easy to clean in the surf break. Wash it out in the water and throw it in the bag. Easier then making a mess at home.
People who dont' like the taste of salmon are doing it wrong or just plain dont like fish.

try crushed salt and vineger chips instead of flour as well. Freaking delicious, but it MUST be fresh.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:02 pm

ducky wrote:I tried salmon a few months ago. Shitcanned it to a few mates who told me to try it. They gave me some instructions which I tried Monday morning with a salmon from gunners and it was awesome.

Mate my mouths watering reading this :dinner:
Where's Ducky's Diner, Let me in :icon_lolz:
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”