1st Time Gunnamatta 16/5

iceblaz3

1st Time Gunnamatta 16/5

Post by iceblaz3 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:46 am

Hey guys,

Planning to get down to Gunners for the first time by sunrise, Sat 16th May. High tide at 12.50pm, with a very mild NE/ E wind. Whatd'ya guys reckon about the conditions then? Its been howling 50km/hr SW winds for the past week, just concerned that seaweed will be washing up all around the shoreline. Otherwise, hope to see some of you guys down there then!

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Re: 1st Time Gunnamatta 16/5

Post by Basti » Thu May 14, 2015 10:15 am

Generally not too much weed around at gunners I've found. Last time it was noticeable, it was within the first 500m or so of the stairs so you should be able to find some clear water. I'll try to make it down for first light but I don't usually hang around much past 9am.

Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Post by Aaron75 » Thu May 14, 2015 5:38 pm

iceblaz3 wrote:Hey guys,

Planning to get down to Gunners for the first time by sunrise, Sat 16th May. High tide at 12.50pm, with a very mild NE/ E wind. Whatd'ya guys reckon about the conditions then? Its been howling 50km/hr SW winds for the past week, just concerned that seaweed will be washing up all around the shoreline. Otherwise, hope to see some of you guys down there then!
According to WillyWeather high tide is 9.40am, and a gentle southerly wind is forecast. Where are you getting your info?

I'll be there too from sunrise until maybe 10am, unless I get called to work, might see you there

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Thu May 14, 2015 7:53 pm

I'll have a look at the wind situation around 5 ish..if she's ok, I'll head down for a few hours..swell will hopefully be down enough.

Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Post by Aaron75 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:18 pm

It will be interesting to see if the rough weather has restructured the beach. I liked it the way it was - the main attraction being the huge rip just before the first rocks, out of reach of the beerdrinkers.

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Thu May 14, 2015 8:25 pm

Aaron75 wrote:It will be interesting to see if the rough weather has restructured the beach. I liked it the way it was - the main attraction being the huge rip just before the first rocks, out of reach of the beerdrinkers.
Hi Carl,
What's the chances of someone catching sambos with bait on Saturday?
I'm thinking of heading down on Saturday with my daughter but she doesn't use a spinning rig. I'm hoping to try spinnning with my new 9ft Catana rod n reel combo :)
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Thu May 14, 2015 8:41 pm

FishnMiss wrote:
Aaron75 wrote:It will be interesting to see if the rough weather has restructured the beach. I liked it the way it was - the main attraction being the huge rip just before the first rocks, out of reach of the beerdrinkers.
Hi Carl,
I'm thinking of heading down on Saturday with my daughter but she doesn't use a spinning rig. I'm hoping to try spinnning with my new 9ft Catana rod n reel combo :)
Always a chance mate..there are times when it will outfish the guys spinning, but generally just the amount of ground covered while spinning wins the day..give it a shot and find out.

iceblaz3

Post by iceblaz3 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:58 pm

I was using tides4fishing, so guess that's not accurate for the tides because the bouy's set in PPB.

Anyways, I'll probably aim to reach around 7. Hmm I was initially planning to do some bait soaking. But yeah, is spinning more productive here?

Hope to see you guys there! =)

FishnMiss

Post by FishnMiss » Thu May 14, 2015 9:17 pm

CarlG wrote:
FishnMiss wrote:
Hi Carl,
Always a chance mate..there are times when it will outfish the guys spinning, but generally just the amount of ground covered while spinning wins the day..give it a shot and find out.
Thanks Carl. This will be my first time ever at Gunners :bounce:

FishnMiss

Post by FishnMiss » Fri May 15, 2015 7:46 am

Lets see if predictwind is correct tomorrow :crazy:
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-05-15-07-41-01-1.png
Screenshot_2015-05-15-07-41-01-1.png (208.37 KiB) Viewed 1123 times

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”