First time @ Gunna

Landbasedfisho

First time @ Gunna

Post by Landbasedfisho » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:35 pm

Thought I would try Gunna, unlike the great Carl G and chance my arm.
2 smallish salmon and wet shorts thru to my jocks lol.

Never been, was great fun. No wonder you lads chirp on about it.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: First time @ Gunna

Post by CarlG » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:32 pm

Landbasedfisho wrote:Thought I would try Gunna, unlike the great Carl G and chance my arm.

The not so very great...lol...I dounutted this morning, too much weed about...back this arvo for round 2...

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:01 pm

CarlG wrote:
Landbasedfisho wrote:Thought I would try Gunna, unlike the great Carl G and chance my arm.

The not so very great...lol...I dounutted this morning, too much weed about...back this arvo for round 2...
Did the choc donut taste good Carl :rofl:
Looking at Monday morning for the Gunn. What do you think?
Good to hear you had a good time LBF. Nice place for a fish is the Gunn. :thumbsup:

Landbasedfisho

Post by Landbasedfisho » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:33 pm

Hopefully next week will be good for another round @ the Gunn.

tommyfishunter

Post by tommyfishunter » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:17 am

Heading down to the peninsula this weekend, i'm new to surf fishing so if anyone could give me some advice that would be much appreciated. I'm going to be flicking slugs around and i've got a few questions.
What am i looking for in the water to know where to cast and how far out usually do you have to cast?
What tide is ideal for catching salmon.
Is it worth applying scent to the lures?
What type of retrieve should i be doing?

Thanks for the help in advance

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:04 am

Traditional advice is to find and aim for the gutters and holes (deeper, darker water with less obvious waves breaking). However they can be anywhere, including water that is as shallow as your knees.

Aim at the edges of white water, ends of gutters but try everywhere until you find the fish. As for how far to cast, as far as you can is the answer. The more water you cover the more fish you'll find

Retrieve the lure at around two turns off the handle per sec, but sometimes you need to have it going flat out as fast as you can go. Don't need much rod work, just keep the tip down so the lure is in the water as much as possible.

Dw about scent, because the slug is moving too fast generally for it to be effective.

Good luck

tommyfishunter

Post by tommyfishunter » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:02 pm

Basti wrote:Traditional advice is to find and aim for the gutters and holes (deeper, darker water with less obvious waves breaking). However they can be anywhere, including water that is as shallow as your knees.

Aim at the edges of white water, ends of gutters but try everywhere until you find the fish. As for how far to cast, as far as you can is the answer. The more water you cover the more fish you'll find

Retrieve the lure at around two turns off the handle per sec, but sometimes you need to have it going flat out as fast as you can go. Don't need much rod work, just keep the tip down so the lure is in the water as much as possible.

Dw about scent, because the slug is moving too fast generally for it to be effective.

Good luck
Cheers mate appreciate it

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”