Drag marks in Gunners, Dec 23

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Drag marks in Gunners, Dec 23

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:11 am

Now I know how hard it is to drag a string of salmon from the far end of the beach to the car park. :doh1: :-x.

Arrived early in Gunners this morning. Started prospecting for productive areas using the light gear but it was unsuccessful. I spent about 30 min in the hole after the first rock for nothing. Carl said 430-530 AM was the right time but it was almost 6AM and still nothing. Decided to head back to the car park but when I tossed my lure in the middle of a hole (now after the rock towards the car park), it was inhaled by a big salmon which I lost in the wash. My light gear was no match to the big salmon. That was exactly 6AM. I quickly changed to heavier gear and 40 grams lure but lost 6 salmon in a row. I changed to smaller lure and I started landing fish. 4 landed against 8 lost in less than 10 minutes. Landed 4 more and lost 5 more then they disappeared. I went back to the area after the rock and there was a seal chasing the salmon. Hooked a big one but I lost it when it went for the rocks. Landed 4 more and dropped 2. It was already 630AM and I had to head home as I have work at 830AM. I left them biting. Bagged 12, dropped 15 in 30 mad minutes. At some point arms felt so heavy that every cast was a big effort.

Biggest was 1.8 kg, smallest was 1.1 kg. Majority were between 1.3 and 1.5kg.

Thanks Carl for the rope. It works. :-)
Attachments
drag marks.jpg
Last edited by Fish-cador on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Drag marks in Gunners, Dec 23

Post by poodoo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:28 am

Lol nice one.....whats happening with everyone dropping them atm? At least you will build up your muscles! :a_goodjob:

drewb

Post by drewb » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:54 am

Top session! good luck getting those fish home...

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:26 am

They are big Poodoo. If they are lip hooked and they jump, they get away. Next time I will use the "sliding lure set up" so even if they jump, the lure will slide away from the fish and there will be no weight to rip the lips apart.

Next window, dawn of Dec 25. Merry Christmas Gunners.

As soon as I came home my wife took some photos and posted the thing in FB. In 15 min, one car arrived and the driver picked up her share. Looks like my bait will disappear before the end of the day. :-(
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

poodoo

Post by poodoo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:33 am

Man gonna be cleaned up by the end of the day! :doh1: I'm itching for a salmon spin, but the wife would kill me if i went on Christmas morning instead of helping her prepare the lunch...... :icon_lolz:

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:35 am

poodoo wrote:Man gonna be cleaned up by the end of the day! :doh1: I'm itching for a salmon spin, but the wife would kill me if i went on Christmas morning instead of helping her prepare the lunch...... :icon_lolz:
Serve her a lot of wine on Dec 24 Christmas evening then sneak out early and be home by 9AM...it should be OK.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

skuxliss

Post by skuxliss » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:46 am

Great catch mate! Will be out Christmas morning hopefully ;)

poodoo

Post by poodoo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:52 am

Fish-cador wrote:
poodoo wrote:Man gonna be cleaned up by the end of the day! :doh1: I'm itching for a salmon spin, but the wife would kill me if i went on Christmas morning instead of helping her prepare the lunch...... :icon_lolz:
Serve her a lot of wine on Dec 24 Christmas evening then sneak out early and be home by 9AM...it should be OK.
I won't be able to fish forever if I do that! :icon_lolz:

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:54 am

Good to see you're back FC and Well done!! Early Xmas present from Santa so you must have been a very good boy last year then???

BTW ... Your avatar is more attractive pic then in real life .. :icon_lolz:

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

chunk9000

Post by chunk9000 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:15 am

Fish-cador, I was the guy who spoke to you as you were dragging them down the beach. I ended up finding them around 7am and they were still going when I had to leave at 7.30am.

I ended up keeping 3, releasing 6 and dropping about 100! You are right some were so heavy all i could do was hold on. The biggest I kept was 54cm and had 4 large pichards in it's stomach. Other 2 I'm guessing were high 40's.

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”