Fun at the Gun 14/12

skuxliss

Re: Fun at the Gun 14/12

Post by skuxliss » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:12 pm

Mate you guys pulled some good ones this morning. Went down and came back with nothing again haha. Gonna try again lost another lure so will go shop for some new ones. Surfies saying to go to rye pier? And what channels to fish etc but mainly tried looking for edges of the rips etc

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:23 pm

adtrac wrote:Poms tanty, Earls shuffle and Basti's breakdance, top three beach moves of all time :clap:
Pom's tanty takes some beating...wished I'd had a gopro on...Niroj was the skillful though, staying hooked up while falling on his arse was both impressive, and hilarious..

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:26 pm

skuxliss wrote:Mate you guys pulled some good ones this morning. Went down and came back with nothing again haha. Gonna try again lost another lure so will go shop for some new ones. Surfies saying to go to rye pier? And what channels to fish etc but mainly tried looking for edges of the rips etc
Was that you just coming down as we were leaving mate..?
Time was the factor this morning..4.30-5.30 was the big hour, still caught them up until 6.30ish, but the first hour was simply stellar..

skuxliss

Post by skuxliss » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:31 pm

[/quote]Was that you just coming down as we were leaving mate..?
Time was the factor this morning..4.30-5.30 was the big hour, still caught them up until 6.30ish, but the first hour was simply stellar..[/quote]
Yeah mate came late had the alarm set for 5 am and got up at 6 knew it was the timing though :oops: . Conditions was great though no wind trekked all the way to the rocks and worked my way back to the stairs Carl was looking for the baseball cap though :lol: :tongue:

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:31 pm

nice one guys! on the salmon again!

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:39 pm

poodoo wrote:nice one guys! on the salmon again!
Well get that bloody house move done and get your arse down here mate...then you congratulate yourself...lol...nearly done..?

adtrac

Post by adtrac » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:50 pm

Big two went 62cms@ 2.31kg and 60cms@2.1kg
That's a new pb for me.
Last edited by adtrac on Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Pom

Post by Lost Pom » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:55 pm

Hey folks, been a bit aloof lately but returned to see another belter spin session from the gun! Can't say im surprised any more by the sessions you've had down there! Been some crazy ones this year. I'll hopefully get sniff of a fish over the chrissy holidays, work is killing me!

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:01 pm

Arrived at Gunners at around 4.30 am this morning, with Adtrac's car already parked up in the dark..I made my way over the hill amd down the ramp with the headlamp on, as the sun was only just deciding whether to get up or not..got onto the beach, and could see Ads' s headlamp further up the beach..yomped up, said hi, and it was down to business..We started prospecting straight away, blind casting really, as the spray was reflecting back the headlamp beams quite a bit..we didn't have too long tonwait before all hell let loose, up near the top end, I hooked up, with what turned out to be my biggest for the day, at 1.96, which is an ok fish..following that, it was a fish a cast, absolute mayhem, salmon can go hard, and this was shallow water stuff, they were going like trains, Brett was there pretty soon after we started hooking up..he was really unlucky to start with, crossing lines with Adam, and losing his leader, didn't take him too long, and he was back in the thick of it..we were catching fish, losing fish, laughing our arses off, and generally having a ball with the sheer ferocity of the school, which were only about 10mtrs out at this point..after about 45 minutesnof getting our arms pulled out, Basti and Dannyboy, with Kaotay following, turned up, but the bite had slowed to a trickle at this point. The suggestion was made to head to the big fish zone, so we strung up our catches, and headed up. Again, we started prospecting, and again, not long after, bang, on for young and old again...we all got in on it, with the fish this time being at distance, making it pretty funny watching each other contacting fish at 90mtrs, then having to battle them all the way in..with Basti performing his best Micheal Jackson dance at one point on hooking up...lol...this bite lasted roughly half an hour, but boy, what a hoot, with three, four, and I think a five way hookup at one point....mental... this slowed as the sun crept up...and we all began the long trek back, and the gunnamatta drag began, as you can see from Basti's photo's...lol..
What a morning, new and old friends, with even Fishcador making a guest appearence...and a bucketload of fish...a classic..

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:04 pm

adtrac wrote:Big two went 62cms@ 2.31kg and 60cms@2.1kg
That's a new pb for me.
Ripper...!
Well done mate....well deserved..
Ritchie, good to hear from ya man..! Thought you'd headed back to pomgolia....lol..

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”