Fun at the Gun 14/12

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Fun at the Gun 14/12

Post by CarlG » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:08 pm

Err...the wind is only 6 knots easterly at the minute....oh lordy... (gets on knees and prays to Thor to hold the wind back untill later)..

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:22 pm

Another great session boys, well done. Some quality size salmon in the haul.
Seems the last 2 week ends they are on the bite before sunup.. :fish11: :thumbsup:

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:37 pm

nhillboy wrote:Another great session boys, well done. Some quality size salmon in the haul.
Seems the last 2 week ends they are on the bite before sunup.. :fish11: :thumbsup:
I have a feeling they are getting ready for the spawning migration...was exactly the same last christmas, mental sessions, then early jan, boom, all gone.

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:39 pm

CarlG wrote:Err...the wind is only 6 knots easterly at the minute....oh lordy... (gets on knees and prays to Thor to hold the wind back untill later)..
I was thinking of a late session, but it doesn't get dark till after 9pm now, so will probably give it a miss.

adtrac

Post by adtrac » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:51 pm

CarlG wrote:
nhillboy wrote:Another great session boys, well done. Some quality size salmon in the haul.
I have a feeling they are getting ready for the spawning migration...was exactly the same last christmas, mental sessions, then early jan, boom, all gone.
Thinking ill be hitting any window that's viable down there next two weeks before its all quiet and before I head to Barwon for holidays.

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:40 pm

CarlG wrote:
poodoo wrote:nice one guys! on the salmon again!
Well get that bloody house move done and get your arse down here mate...then you congratulate yourself...lol...nearly done..?
trying my hardest lol Bangg wife has a massive list!

kaotay

Post by kaotay » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:08 pm

Great intro to salmon fishing "Gunna style" today. Highlight for me was being in the 5 way hookup (amazingly no tangles but I dropped my fish), and meeting the lads doing the beach shuffle as lines went everywhere with Salmon going mental. Got there at first light but was working the beach from the carpark up to where the boys were for no hits. Next time I know what to do!
Learnt heaps. Thanks again guys.

kaotay

Post by kaotay » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:26 pm

skuxliss wrote:Mate you guys pulled some good ones this morning. Went down and came back with nothing again haha. Gonna try again lost another lure so will go shop for some new ones. Surfies saying to go to rye pier? And what channels to fish etc but mainly tried looking for edges of the rips etc
Yes but the key today was the bite time 4:30 on as Carl said. Also they were quite far out and I wasn't getting as many hits as the rest were as I was using a softer tipped rod than the others. (whyohwhy did I break the tip of my seajigger last week!) I stayed a little longer and prospected with Fish-cador but we didn't locate any more schools after the bite window Carl mentioned.

kaotay

Post by kaotay » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:42 pm

CarlG wrote:
Basti wrote:great to meet you dannyboy and also kaotay. I'm tempted to have another crack this arvo
Ditto and ditto...glad you posted some photos mate...struggling with this bloody phone lol...
Dannyboy, (with the waders...?), Koatay...good to meet you blokes..!..ditch the waders next time man...lol..
Daanyboy, those are good looking waders! But yeah amazed that by the end of the session I was barefoot, in shorts and tshirt!

adtrac

Post by adtrac » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:01 pm

Even in the height of winter we usually just wear shorts its really not that bad. If you have some foot wear on it keeps that barrier from the cold sand in winter also.

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”