Fun at the Gun 14/12

adtrac

Fun at the Gun 14/12

Post by adtrac » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:03 pm

Hey Guys,

Hit Gunnamatta both Saturday and Sunday mornings, with Sunday morning being the pick of the days. Saturday the fish were definitely there but the swell was just a bit to big making it very difficul and we only managed a few fish between three of us.
Went solo on Sunday morning and the conditions were great with low swell and a favourable wind. Worked my way right to the end for one fish with one also dropped and began to work my way back and didn't have to wait long the next gutter I hooked up to a nice fish and from then on I stayed in that same spot for the next hour or so with the fish coming in and out.
Fish were all very fat and some were spewing up white bait when they hit the sand, the average size was also very good with a lot of fish in the 1.5kg mark and a couple nudging close to 2kg with the biggest measuring 56cms.
Great morning and nice to be on the sand, definitely one of if not my favourite places to fish.

P.S. Thanks to Carl for the loan of a Strad while my Aero was off getting a service :thumbsup:

Ad.
Attachments
Gunnamatta 14-12.jpg

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Fun at the Gun 14/12

Post by FishnMiss » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Nice catch :thumbsup:
I presume you were using a metal lure, what weight (20 or 40g) & what hook do you use (single, treble)?
How far were you casting into the channel, about 40/50 metres?
Do you and Carl use Soft plastics for Salmon ever, or do they smash them too hard?
Nice report, Thanks :a_goodjob:
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:55 pm

knew this morning would be a cracker just couldn't get down there myself. Some great fish there adtrac nice to see the good size models back again.

Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:57 pm

Bloody hell Adam!!! Nice work mate. Plenty of bait now, look out snapper. Yeah, yesterday morning wasn't the best conditions but it was still great to be out on the sand with you and Carl. It was a pleasure to watch two pros at work :lolf: ... :thumbsup:
After you both left at 8am I went again to the rocks and back for zero fish. Left at 10am. Always next time... :cheers:

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:14 pm

Damn! Ladyk has her friends over and I was stuck on breakfast duty. This would have been awesome, I was up and everything...

Cleaning up adam, good work mate!
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:34 pm

great bag I wishI lived closer

adtrac

Post by adtrac » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:04 pm

FishnMiss wrote:Nice catch :thumbsup:
I presume you were using a metal lure, what weight (20 or 40g) & what hook do you use (single, treble)?
Do you and Carl use Soft plastics for Salmon ever, or do they smash them too hard?
For gunners I wouldn't personally use anything less than 40g and I remove the trebles and swap them for singles.
With a favourable wind we are getting 100+ meters spinning the beaches is all about covering as much of the beach as possible its really just cast as far as you can as often as you can to increase your chances of finding the fish

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:34 pm

adtrac wrote:
FishnMiss wrote:Nice catch :thumbsup:
For gunners I wouldn't personally use anything less than 40g and I remove the trebles and swap them for singles.
With a favourable wind we are getting 100+ meters spinning the beaches is all about covering as much of the beach as possible its really just cast as far as you can as often as you can to increase your chances of finding the fish
What he said...lol..
I'll use sp's in the bay at close range, but, as Adam has said, it's all about coverage of area when your fishing a large beach like gunners, slugs cover more ground, simple maths really..

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:35 pm

Ps, nice work mate, I was catching zzz's this morning..

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:18 pm

Nice work Adam well done
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”