Aire River

Apollo Bay, Port Campbell, Warnambool, Port Fairy, Portland, Nelson
luciened

Aire River

Post by luciened » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:07 pm

Hi

Is anyone able to tell me if mouth of the Aire is open?
Hoping to head down in the next day or two and get some Bream. Have found in the past they tend to be a bit more active if mouth is open.

Thanks

pilko

Re: Aire River

Post by pilko » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:13 pm

I dont know for sure, but id imagine so after all the rain they have had down there. Last i heard there were some good trout getting caught down the bottom.

moodyr

Post by moodyr » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:13 pm

Mate, long as you,ve got beer and firewood, open shmopen!

Aussie_moose

Post by Aussie_moose » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:21 am

Hey guys,

I'll start by saying sorry for hijacking this topic but i thought it would be better then starting a new one.

Just wondering if anyone knows how Aire river has been fishing lately, ill be heading up to apollo bay for the long weekend and keen to catch something there.

So if anyone can let me know a good area to set up eg near bridge, at the mouth, in between or further back and what has worked for them.
There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the bank like an idiot, I excel in the latter!!!

CanuckDownUnder

Post by CanuckDownUnder » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:41 pm

I'll be camping at Aire River for this long weekend, hoping to get time to wet the line in the river and out at the mouth or on the beach. I've targetted bream with chicken with no results, also with microvibes and got a couple bumps but nothing landed. Trout, man I miss the big rainbows from back home (Canada), I'd love to get onto some here!

Any suggestions for saltwater in that area? I don't mind travelling around the cape.
"Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn't go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks." - Jeff Foxworthy

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:43 pm

Head down to Johanna beach and fish for salmon mate, 40 gram metal slugs. Once you get one strip it and chuck it in on an big hook for gummies.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

SamJW

Post by SamJW » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:16 am

any chance of a Jew off the beach this weekend? planning to get a few salmon for livies and flesh baits and hopefully a few sandworms. See you all down there!!!

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:44 am

Off that beach mate there is a chance of a lot of things. I've never caught a jew so I can't help you there but i know people talk about this beach in that regard.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

SamJW

Post by SamJW » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:51 am

righto, thanks Dougie, hopefully I have a good report on Tues of a mixed bag of monsters!

adamk

Post by adamk » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:56 am

other side of the bridge where the sand is take pipi's if you get bored an want kgw, or take a yak an paddle out into the lake for fat bream
use to fish alot here with my uncle as a kid, he use to fish it alot in his youth back when he use to work with a few of the farmers an blow the mouth open from time to time not that you can do that these days o_0

Return to “Apollo Bay to Portland”