Fishing report

Apollo Bay, Port Campbell, Warnambool, Port Fairy, Portland, Nelson
Born2fish

Fishing report

Post by Born2fish » Sat May 20, 2017 9:20 pm

Went hopkins river with steve purple5ive was a tuff day landing one bream 40cm for half day till steve lands a beautiful mullaway all of 77cm on a hard boday was a awesome day in the end cant wait to go back and snag my self a mullaway on a hard body what a beautiful river plenty of fish was just a hard day with fish not play the game
Attachments
20170520_072209.jpg
20170520_094456.jpg
20170520_154714.jpg
Last edited by Born2fish on Sat May 20, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Fishing report

Post by Lightningx » Sat May 20, 2017 9:24 pm

Sounds like a nice day. Great pics :thumbsup:

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Sat May 20, 2017 9:26 pm

Was a good day mate

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Sat May 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Nice work fellas, spewing I couldn't be there. Had that bream pegged at a few cm's over 40 initially.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Sun May 21, 2017 5:16 am

Nice catch,i like the setup with your boat especially the center console ,whats a boat like that worth if you don't mind me asking.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun May 21, 2017 11:20 am

Thanks phil for the company and offering to drive most of the way.
To say we were both knackered would be an understatement.

After having a very busy Friday at work i came home organized the boat and drive to phils place where we swapped the tow vehicle and headed off to the hopkins.
Plan was to prospect for jews and also to familiarise myself with the system for my upcoming bream tournament next month.

It's a veer nice system with lots of rock edges and some flats fishing as well.
There were countless number of small salmon in the system and we lost count of how many we landed.
The bream came after an hour or so of fishing and fell to the zman grub. The rest of the day was very slow with just the small salmon coming onboard.
Towards the end of our trip i struck gold with my hardbody getting smashed and instantly going for line peeling runs. I knew the very second i hooked intro it exactly what it was and called for phil to chase the fish. Why. Because i only had 6lb leader on and i knew for a fact that my leader to braid knot was all roughed up and i was a bit lazy to change it. ..
And so began the tug of war. That fish did not want to come near the boat. After about 7 line burning runs we started to slowly gain line and seen some colour.
Yes defenitely a jewie. And finally we got it into the net. FINALLY jewie no 20. The trebles were all bent out of shape and i was lucky to land this fish with it evading the net 4 times.
Some Quick pics and it was sent back into the system to get bigger. Its my pb so far@ 77cm and i was pretty pumped to land him on a 2-4kg rod and 2506 reel with 6lb leader.
I must say the slime and smell off the fish most definitely brought back some memories of my previous jewie captures.
After that we tried a bit more but i think we might have spooked the other fish. And since it was getting dark we called it a day and made the long drive back home.

Cheers

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun May 21, 2017 11:25 am

:banana:
gregmaka wrote:Nice catch,i like the setup with your boat especially the center console ,whats a boat like that worth if you don't mind me asking.
That's my boat mate send you a pm

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sun May 21, 2017 11:49 am

Nice work fellas :a_goodjob:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Blueyed1
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Blueyed1 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:51 pm

:a_goodjob: nice :a_goodjob:
Thanks for sharing. Great fish and photo.

Joe

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Sun May 21, 2017 1:21 pm

The funny side of fighting the jew and landing him was the kyaker near us watching. And throwing hes hands in the air as in to say why cant i get one. When we landed it boom he took off in a cranky mood lol

Return to “Apollo Bay to Portland”