Peterborough 29-04-17

Apollo Bay, Port Campbell, Warnambool, Port Fairy, Portland, Nelson
Rusty_Fish_Hook

Peterborough 29-04-17

Post by Rusty_Fish_Hook » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi All,

Long time reader first time poster. Had the weekend off so Myself and 2 other friends went for a weekend away to Peterborough on the GOR. I have stayed there once before and really enjoyed it. We arrived late morning Saturday and took off down to Crofts Bay 5 minutes towards Warrnambool, we set up here for about 5 minutes before we gave in because of the amount of weed and the rough seas. We went back to the Peterborough main beach where the foreshore is more sheltered by the reef and there was no weed. We set up beside another 2 guys fishing, we caught 1 salmon while we watched the other 2 fisherman pull them in one after another, I went and spoke to them and they told us to fish on the other side of them because there was a gutter there, so we did for the last half an hour and managed another salmon approx 30cm, while another 2 got off my gillies lure unfortunately. Bait used was pilchards, and then salmon when we caught a couple, can anyone tell me if salmon can be used as salmon bait, potentially to catch a bigger model? We packed up deciding we would come back to that spot first thing in the morning.

We arrived around 8AM and headed to the same spot, unfortunately the tide wasn't in our favour and the reef was more exposed resulting in a fair few snags. We still managed another 2 salmon in 2 hours, but it was hard work. We packed up and headed back to Ballarat.

Overall it was a good short trip, the seas were very heavy which made it trying but we had a fair crack and we will definitely be going back as it is a spectacular place! If anyone has had some experience fishing around that area some advice would be great, like some different locations that are productive etc.

Cheers,

Rusty.

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Peterborough 29-04-17

Post by davek » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:39 pm

G'day and welcome Rusty, good first post, :thumbsup: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: Peterborough 29-04-17