going down to the bay on the weekend

Apollo Bay, Port Campbell, Warnambool, Port Fairy, Portland, Nelson
cricket

going down to the bay on the weekend

Post by cricket » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:50 pm

Will be heading down on the w/end for a fish , hopefully will be able to get around to grey river if the swell is not to big
and give the kg's a go, and may be try the silvers at sea ranch,some flatties out in 50mtrs, and may be try for gummy's around the corner. just love fishing down there in the winter with the green hills as a backdrop . :thumbsup:
Will give a report when i get back
cheers Cricket :r

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: going down to the bay on the weekend

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:03 pm

where abouts are those places?

cricket

Post by cricket » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:29 pm

G'day Smile,
grey river is about 19 ks the lorne side of apollo bay just around cape patten, sea ranch is staight out from the seafareres accomodation complex on the way in to the bay, the flatty mark is off skeens creek out in 50mtrs, and the gummy spot is towards the otway light around the blanket bay area, hopefully the swell will drop and i will be able to get in close, other wise i'll have to do the wider options or fish the harbour
cheers cricket :wink1:

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:13 pm

cool
good luck
let us know how you go

cricket

Post by cricket » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:41 pm

:thumbsup:

cricket

Post by cricket » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:00 am

Arrived down the bay sat. morning and was greeted by a very big swell and a realy low tide,waves were about 10ft across the entrance so i fished the harbour for a couple of salmon about 500grms. decided after lunch when there was a bit more water to nick outside for a look, could'nt get in close any where so went for a drift for flatties off skeens end result was 8 good flathead and about 12 spur dogs :yucky: .Sunday proved to be a little less swell so i went down to grey river to try for some king/g's ,but sadly the swell was too dangerous in close so went for a drift for gummys between grey river and kennett, got 2 gummys one a keeper at about 1100mm and the other about 600mm wich went back and 9 good f/head. monday was a better day weather wise, the swell was dropping so went back to grey river still couldn't get on the w/ting mark,did a couple of drifts for 4 f/head ,went back to Sea Ranch and managed to anchor up in between the 2 reefs and berlyed up , and there was a huge school of yakas moved in ,great fun on light gear ,some of them were up to 600grms, kept a bucket for bait , unfortunatly only got 1 small silver trevally which was returned and no w/ting, in the past i have caught 2 kg slivers and 800grm w/ting on this mark, any way ,had a ball :grin:

regards
cricket

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:47 am

sounds like a good weekend
i managed 28 flathead over 2 days in portphillp bay

Return to “Apollo Bay to Portland”