Port campbell Jewel in the crown.

Apollo Bay, Port Campbell, Warnambool, Port Fairy, Portland, Nelson
hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: Port campbell Jewel in the crown.

Post by hornet » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:39 pm

LINwAd wrote:Whats the best way to fish this location? baits or plastics? any idea how deep it is?

I went out there last year to take a look but didnt fish.
I've only fished bait in this location, except for when I spin for couta with 60 gram ( and larger ) pilchard look alike lures.

I don't see why plastics wouldn't work, you don't need to cast out any further than any other pier, as a matter of fact when the Trevally school up on the run in tide they are tight up against the pier pylons to only a short distance out, no need for huge casts.

If I remember next time I'm taking a hoop net and try for a cray. I caught one tangled in my line once, they must be there in some numbers I expect.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Trumpeter » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:41 pm

Looks like a pretty exciting place to fish from some of those pics.

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:36 pm

hornet wrote:
LINwAd wrote:Whats the best way to fish this location? baits or plastics? any idea how deep it is?

I've only fished bait in this location, except for when I spin for couta with 60 gram ( and larger ) pilchard look alike lures.

I don't see why plastics wouldn't work, you don't need to cast out any further than any other pier, as a matter of fact when the Trevally school up on the run in tide they are tight up against the pier pylons to only a short distance out, no need for huge casts.

If I remember next time I'm taking a hoop net and try for a cray. I caught one tangled in my line once, they must be there in some numbers I expect.
Have you tried diving down for the crays? It looks like a good location.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm

LINwAd wrote:
hornet wrote:

Have you tried diving down for the crays? It looks like a good location.
I don't snorkel anymore I'm to old for that, I'm sure diving for them would be more productive than a hoop net, the reefy area around the pier would be awesome to dive.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

poppy62
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poppy62 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:23 pm

Stayed there last night.. Working in timboon tho... Great place...curdies river not to far away too

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:41 pm

I went down to Port Campbell Jetty yesterday and took some foorage of the jetty area to give people a closer look.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1rDdXRDY0e0

Return to “Apollo Bay to Portland”