barwon heads!

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
richo

barwon heads!

Post by richo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:10 pm

hey guys, so im new to the forum and i love it! :super:
so look i love fishing and my misses is 50/50 about it because she hasn't had a good day fishing yet! ( she has caught 1 undersized salmon in her life lol, poor girl)
and i have taken her fishing a few times recently but we have had no luck :(
so im keen to travel and get some hook ups for her seeing as i dont own a boat!
im wanting to head down to barwon heads for a fish as i have heard its a good spot even for beginners (confirm?). Can use please direct me in the right path to fishing there!
Wheres some good spots?
What bait? ( iv been reading some reports and i hear worms are common, confirm? )
What type of rig?
What time i should be fishing?

nothing beats a day/night out fishing!

hskim00

Re: barwon heads!

Post by hskim00 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:35 am

I think Breamster has been providing info about his setup including locations, rigs and baits more than enough. Click on the nickname Breamster and follow his user's posts. Cheers!

shulgin

Post by shulgin » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:38 am

Simplest rig to use is a running sinker rig with about a metre of leader fluorocarbon is best. You can also use a paternoster rig too if you like.

As for bait it does vary from time to time, but if you grab yourself some sand or blood worms, prawns and pipis you should be fine.

Also fishing times vary on where exactly you want to fish. I've only ever fished Barwon Heads a few times but I've had some good luck on the jetty right next to "At The Heads" restaurant just down the aptly named Jetty road, however it is a very well known and popular spot to fish so it can get busy. If you plan to fish there get there an hour or 2 before the turn of the tide, and it's on the turn of the tide that you'll fish best. Last time I was there (a few months ago) there where heaps of Aussie Salmon to be caught hopefully you have the same luck.

All the best,

Aaron

Breamster

Post by Breamster » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:07 pm

hskim00 wrote:I think Breamster has been providing info about his setup including locations, rigs and baits more than enough. Click on the nickname Breamster and follow his user's posts. Cheers!
Thanks hskim00.
Barwon Heads is fishing well for ludericks atm. Trevallies, KGWs & mullets are also readily available. Breams are hard to find atm, but I witnessed someone landed 3 in 20 mins at one of my fav spots this morning.

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”