Moggs Creek 30/1

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
Part Timer
Has liked: 1 time

Moggs Creek 30/1

Post by Part Timer » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:51 am

Fished Moggs Creek this morning from 6-7:30 (high tide), throwing metals chasing salmon.

Started at the mouth of the creek and worked my way West.

The big swell rolling in made it pretty difficult going, and hard to identify gutters and holes, which was further compounded by my lack of beach knowledge!

10 minutes in, I did manage to get onto a mid-sized one, that spat the hook about 10m from my feet, so the confidence was somewhat up, but unfortunately that was all the action for the morning.

Will look to try another nearby beach in the next couple of days. Anyone tried Lorne beach near the mouth of the Erskine? Or other recommendations nearby to Lorne for surf fishing?

Bugatti

Re: Moggs Creek 30/1

Post by Bugatti » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:00 pm

Part Timer wrote:Fished Moggs Creek this morning from 6-7:30 (high tide), throwing metals chasing salmon.

10 minutes in, I did manage to get onto a mid-sized one, that spat the hook about 10m from my feet, so the confidence was somewhat up, but unfortunately that was all the action for the morning.

Will look to try another nearby beach in the next couple of days.
Way to go Part Timer, giving it a go , , , , could have gone either way But that first hook up does raise the confidence. I'm in SA, so no suggestions from me unfortunately but to try the area as you said.

Well done for having a crack :water:

Cheers, Bugatti

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”