Lorne pier

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
dj_blk0ut

Re: Lorne pier

Post by dj_blk0ut » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:39 pm

I hear theres a seal that hangs around the pier almost daily the jump rock and artillery rocks are the go too for salmon

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Post by KeenAds » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:56 am

dj_blk0ut wrote:I hear theres a seal that hangs around the pier almost daily the jump rock and artillery rocks are the go too for salmon
Where abouts is jump rock I have heard of it and looked out for it on the road but never seen where it is or sny signs.

Part Timer
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Part Timer » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:07 pm

KeenAds wrote:
Part Timer wrote:
KeenAds wrote:As per previous post, between the seal and other fishos your better off finding a nice rock ledge (weather permitting) or even off the surf or local rivers where you have all the space you need and don't need to stress about other people casting over you.
Any recommendations for beaches around there to flick metals at salmon?
Most beaches around there are good. Just need to pick high tide late in afternoon and a low swell day. North wind is your friend around the coast.
Hoping to head out to Fairhaven Beach tomorrow.

Wind in the right direction, though swell is up around the 1.5-2m mark, and going to go with dawn instead of dusk.

Any hints on how to approach Fairhaven?

Or other more specific recommendations?

j_pap

Post by j_pap » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:14 pm

KeenAds wrote:
dj_blk0ut wrote:I hear theres a seal that hangs around the pier almost daily the jump rock and artillery rocks are the go too for salmon
Where abouts is jump rock I have heard of it and looked out for it on the road but never seen where it is or sny signs.
Just before Lorne. There is a sign, and stairs you can walk down.

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Post by KeenAds » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:27 pm

j_pap wrote:
KeenAds wrote:
Cool. Will have to look out fir the sign next time I am down there.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:07 pm

KeenAds wrote:
j_pap wrote:
KeenAds wrote:
Cool. Will have to look out fir the sign next time I am down there.
If you’re after sambos worth checking out for sure. Had some great sessions there :thumbsup:

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”