Chasing salmon from the shore during a southerly

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
port80

Chasing salmon from the shore during a southerly

Post by port80 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:06 am

I've finally been given a leave pass to go fishing again, but it's tomorrow during some dicey weather. I've got enough kit that I should be able to chase most things from the rocks or beach, but keen to try Barwon or Jan Juc for some salmon. High tide is mid day, so was looking to kick off around 10. The forecast is for moderate southerly winds, so looking for help as to where I might be able to fish in those winds. Cheers!

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Chasing salmon from the shore during a southerly

Post by smile0784 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:25 am

Good luck
Let us know how you go

port80

Post by port80 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:05 am

Any thoughts on Barwon head (the spit?) During a southerly / south westerly?

cantcatchem

Post by cantcatchem » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:07 am

port80 wrote:I've finally been given a leave pass to go fishing again, but it's tomorrow during some dicey weather. I've got enough kit that I should be able to chase most things from the rocks or beach, but keen to try Barwon or Jan Juc for some salmon. High tide is mid day, so was looking to kick off around 10. The forecast is for moderate southerly winds, so looking for help as to where I might be able to fish in those winds. Cheers!
I prefer dawn or dusk on high tide, however, it is very cloudy today so that will work in your favour but all the surfers and swimmers around might make it a bit difficult

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:10 am

High tide should be around 830AM. It will be hard to find place in the beaches to fish tomorrow without battling the southerly. Janjuc may give you a couple of hours early morning.

I was awake 4AM this morning planning to hit the peninsula back beaches for some lure fishing. Forecast was calm but when I checked willy weather it was blowing 26 kph southerly in Portsea - fishable but will cut the casting distance significantly. I stayed in bed. :-(. Wind died down around 8AM.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:28 am

God bad weather report cant get it rite

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”