Fairhaven Report 30-1/16

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
Jdware95

Re: Fairhaven Report 30-1/16

Post by Jdware95 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:31 am

Buckle&scream wrote:I do all my surf fishing down that way mate, moggs creek and jan juc mainly, I've caught a lot big salmon and gummys after dark. They Usually fire up may, June, July. Definitly a Very beautiful place to fish if you catch then that's a bonus.
100%.

Sometime we will have to coordinate for a session down that way if you are interested :) surf fishing is always more enjoyable with good company!

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:03 pm

Jdware95 wrote:
Buckle&scream wrote:I do all my surf fishing down that way mate, moggs creek and jan juc mainly, I've caught a lot big salmon and gummys after dark. They Usually fire up may, June, July. Definitly a Very beautiful place to fish if you catch then that's a bonus.
100%.

Sometime we will have to coordinate for a session down that way if you are interested :) surf fishing is always more enjoyable with good company!
Yeah mate no problem, will try remember to let you know when I'm headin that way will be around may or June. I surf fish mainly when it's blowing a strong northernly in the bay because that wind is crap for the bay. I can get good salmon around Altona and Williamstown so don't need to drive that far for it. But if fishing and weather is crap in the bay I head straite to the surf.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:05 pm

Welcome to the forum! That's a nice pinkie from the surf. Haven't caught one off a beach myself. Don't worry about the salmon. It's been hard work all over. There's a few turning up in the bay but the beaches have been quiet.

Jdware95

Post by Jdware95 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:57 pm

Basti wrote:Welcome to the forum! That's a nice pinkie from the surf. Haven't caught one off a beach myself. Don't worry about the salmon. It's been hard work all over. There's a few turning up in the bay but the beaches have been quiet.
Thanks mate :) I was pleasantly surprised, was great on the plate. I was hoping to get onto another one or two but the wind blew me off the beach. Can't wait until the salmon are on the bite :victory:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:21 pm

Jdware95 wrote:
Basti wrote:Welcome to the forum! That's a nice pinkie from the surf. Haven't caught one off a beach myself. Don't worry about the salmon. It's been hard work all over. There's a few turning up in the bay but the beaches have been quiet.
Thanks mate :) I was pleasantly surprised, was great on the plate. I was hoping to get onto another one or two but the wind blew me off the beach. Can't wait until the salmon are on the bite :victory:
I love it too mate whether it's fishing for them with bait or casting lures!

Jdware95

Post by Jdware95 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:24 pm

Buckle&scream wrote:
Jdware95 wrote:
100%.

Yeah mate no problem, will try remember to let you know when I'm headin that way will be around may or June. I surf fish mainly when it's blowing a strong northernly in the bay because that wind is crap for the bay. I can get good salmon around Altona and Williamstown so don't need to drive that far for it. But if fishing and weather is crap in the bay I head straite to the surf.
Sounds good mate, PM me when you are down that way or planning to be. Do you chase the gummies too down that way? Moggs would be a good gummy haunt I reckon.

Bar002811

Post by Bar002811 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:33 pm

Jdware95 wrote:
Buckle&scream wrote:
Jdware95 wrote:
100%.

Sounds good mate, PM me when you are down that way or planning to be. Do you chase the gummies too down that way? Moggs would be a good gummy haunt I reckon.
Yeah mate, the salmon will come soon.there is afew around, if you fish in the bay for them landbased then mordi pier is good.they will come to the surf soon also now is the time to give gunnamatta a crack for big salmon bro
Cheers bar :)

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:19 pm

Jdware95 wrote:
Buckle&scream wrote:
Jdware95 wrote:
100%.

Sweet mate, yeah moggs is good for gummys after dark in got quite a few there

fishpod

Post by fishpod » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:26 pm

Nice report, way too sunny for Salmon, try a high tide at dawn or dusk and preferably very overcast, night time is the best for Fairhaven, lots of Burley and blue surf poppers :thumbsup:

Jdware95

Post by Jdware95 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:51 pm

fishpod wrote:Nice report, way too sunny for Salmon, try a high tide at dawn or dusk and preferably very overcast, night time is the best for Fairhaven, lots of Burley and blue surf poppers :thumbsup:
I thought that may have been the case, but there was some cloud cover at times as well during the day. The gutters were pretty sanded out too. I went to Fairhaven at high tide and it seemed pretty shallow and featureless?? :( I know beach formations change all the time but when I was down low tide looked much better from a gutter stand point. Thanks for the tips though and will definitely give them a shot, haven't tried surf poppers yet :)

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”