lorne reports

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
azkay

Re: lorne reports

Post by azkay » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:44 am

Scraglor wrote:So looks like the beach in front of town is quite shallow for quite a way out. Not being a surf caster I didn't like my chances so tried the rocks to the right.

The only bit that looked fishable was full of surfers, gave it a crack further along but it was snag city. Think I got one decent bite, but got reefed straight away.

Also, Azkay, when you say the rocks to the right of the pier, do you mean the ones you can see from the pier or are they further around? The ones visible from the pier look a bit hairy haha. I have a couple of hours to kill before lunch so might pop down to the pier again, and check the rocks out if nothing's happening
Sorry about the late reply, just manage to get on, hopefully its not too late.. Abit further up, you'll find some easily accessible ledges about 5-10 minute drive up and there's almost always a few there fishing.. & before Lorne, there's Cathedral Rock, heard a few guys did well up there recently..
Az.

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:26 pm

All good mate, I'll try it next time, not a huge amount of sambos, biggest I got is probably a bit over a kilo, heaps of grass whiting, silver trevs and tommys to keep me entertained tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snorkly

Post by snorkly » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:22 pm

I've fished the Jump rocks with a friend on Sunday morning 7/08/16 for big fat donut. It was low tide, used various baits and also tried spinning lures. We had only a single hit for entire session and that's all. There was few more anglers over there but they share the same donut with us. Well, there is always next time.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:31 pm

Thanks for the update mate. Like you said there is always a next time :thumbsup:

azkay

Post by azkay » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:46 pm

I've been there the last couple of weeks too, been extremely slow-going. Maybe i wasn't able to find the fish..
Az.

ifish83

Post by ifish83 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:32 pm

it has been very quite on the lorne side

Bancoora Beach has been fishing well on the last 2 hours of the high tide for Salmon if you are after a closer option on the surf coast

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:11 pm

DougieK wrote:
hornet wrote: tourists asking "have you caught anything" every 5 minutes
Walking back up Gunnamatta with about 20kg of salmon on a string, a lady no sh1t asks carl 'did you catch those fish?!'

No, they are delivered into the dunes by a magical salmon fairy that we trade the cuttle fish we collect on the way up the beach for salmon with.
how about those walkers that just started picking up adz's fish and walking away with them. "oh we thought they'd just washed up"

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:14 pm

ifish83 wrote:it has been very quite on the lorne side

Bancoora Beach has been fishing well on the last 2 hours of the high tide for Salmon if you are after a closer option on the surf coast
Cheers mate :thumbsup:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:22 pm

Basti wrote:
DougieK wrote:
hornet wrote: tourists asking "have you caught anything" every 5 minutes
Walking back up Gunnamatta with about 20kg of salmon on a string, a lady no sh1t asks carl 'did you catch those fish?!'

No, they are delivered into the dunes by a magical salmon fairy that we trade the cuttle fish we collect on the way up the beach for salmon with.
how about those walkers that just started picking up adz's fish and walking away with them. "oh we thought they'd just washed up"
wtf? That's a pisser
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:41 pm

he was spinning about 15-20m away. and so were the rest of us...

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”