Surf Coast 4/08

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Surf Coast 4/08

Post by KeenAds » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:04 pm

Hi guys,

Hit up the surf yesterday afternoon armed with a single rod and some lures. Plan was to arrive at 3pm and fish till dark with high tide around 4.30pm. When I got there the sea was pretty flat which was predicted with the stong northerly winds, couple bait fishos about and about a million surfers sitting on their boards waiting for a set to roll in.

Was pretty quiet and I estimate I walked about a 1km stopping and flicking lures every 20 or so metres. Before I knew it was dusk so I slowly made my way back to where I was parked giving a flick every so often. I got to where I was parked and there was another bloke fishing with his young son had a bit of a chat to him and he had nothing either. Then as I was about to call it quite I had another cast and bang I was on. It was mayhem for about 40 minutes till it got completely dark and I would of easily got my bag. The other guy and his son got into them as well even though they were using bait. I ended up keeping 8 fish of about 40cm for a feed and let the rest go. Awesome fun on light gear and glad I stayed for that last cast lol.

Sorry no pictures but it was completely dark by the time I got to the car and my phone doesn't take the greatest shots at night.

Cheers and happy fishing!!!

LINwAd

Re: Surf Coast 4/08

Post by LINwAd » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:13 pm

That's awesome man, we did a similar thing yesterday, no fish (well one small one) all day until sunset and all hell broke loose, a fish a cast for 40 minutes. Love having good sessions like that!
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”