trying to reopen Ruffy Park lake to fishing

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Re: trying to reopen Ruffy Park lake to fishing

Post by ChrisD » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:54 pm

More than happy if others can take up the fight - I'm swamped right now so won't get time to do so in the short term

Aussie Trooper

Post by Aussie Trooper » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:07 am

GTSHoon wrote:Just got this reply from a different source :)
"Hi Cameron,

Council prohibited fishing in Ruffey Lake in early 2013. This was in response to a number of complaints to Council regarding the use of illegal fish traps in the lake, dead carp being left by the side of the lake, the catching of protected native turtles and the death of a hooked native Waterhen.

The Ruffey Lake Advisory Committee, which was a group comprising Councillors, Council officers and nine local residents considered fishing in the lake at the February 2013 meeting and recommended to Council that fishing in the lake be banned. The no-fishing signs were installed soon after and the ban of fishing is enforced through the Manningham General Law.

Apart for the Yarra River I am unaware of any other areas to fish in Manningham.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards

Paul"
Cam
Therein may lie the answer. Are there any Ruffey Park Lake locals who can get on that committee?

Moffo

Post by Moffo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:57 am

Aussie Trooper wrote:
GTSHoon wrote:Just got this reply from a different source :)
"Hi Cameron,

Council prohibited fishing in Ruffey Lake in early 2013. This was in response to a number of complaints to Council regarding the use of illegal fish traps in the lake, dead carp being left by the side of the lake, the catching of protected native turtles and the death of a hooked native Waterhen.

The Ruffey Lake Advisory Committee, which was a group comprising Councillors, Council officers and nine local residents considered fishing in the lake at the February 2013 meeting and recommended to Council that fishing in the lake be banned. The no-fishing signs were installed soon after and the ban of fishing is enforced through the Manningham General Law.

Apart for the Yarra River I am unaware of any other areas to fish in Manningham.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards

Paul"
Cam
Therein may lie the answer. Are there any Ruffey Park Lake locals who can get on that committee?
I live in literally spitting distance of Ruffey Lake Park, Im looking into how to get onto this committee now :) I'll let you know how I go.

Phil

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:05 am

you can also try contacting V.R fish Russell Conway is their current chairman and what evidence was presented to council was it just hear say from a greenie or photograph in raw with date and time stamp also how many rubbish bins are there in the area

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:50 am

First of all good luck with this boys but, About a month ago I was doing a course for work (local council) and there were a few guys from Manningham there. From what they telling me you are flogging a dead horse, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

George7

Post by George7 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:27 pm

Glad ive found this thread. Like many people have said already, its just another example of over regulation. I am a local and have lived in the area my whole life. I used to live opposite the park and walk through regularly and never seen fish dumped. I am also pretty sure there are signs saying to not feed the ducks but everyone does that.... just some food for thought.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:35 pm

get the council to have catch a carp day at the lake like banyule council dose at killparin

Growlermz

Post by Growlermz » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:28 am

sandef wrote:get the council to have catch a carp day at the lake like banyule council dose at killparin

When does Banule council hold these "catch a carp" days, I live within 10minutes walk from Kalparrin lake and would be interested

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:00 am

davek wrote:First of all good luck with this boys but, About a month ago I was doing a course for work (local council) and there were a few guys from Manningham there. From what they telling me you are flogging a dead horse, cheers davo
I found that I was just hitting a brick wall Bangg - but that is not to say that someone else with more time and better understanding of council inner workings can't find a way to break through that wall - have at it and good luck

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 am

ChrisD wrote:
davek wrote:First of all good luck with this boys but, About a month ago I was doing a course for work (local council) and there were a few guys from Manningham there. From what they telling me you are flogging a dead horse, cheers davo
I found that I was just hitting a brick wall Bangg - but that is not to say that someone else with more time and better understanding of council inner workings can't find a way to break through that wall - have at it and good luck
I'll have a talk to some of our office staff. Someone may know someone with a bit of grunt down there, :dontknow cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Return to “Other Species”