Cornacarpio's Cumulative Carp Culling Caper

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Re: Cornacarpio's Cumulative Carp Culling Caper

Post by Stumpjumper » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:27 pm

Cornacarpio wrote:Just the one from this Australia Day.
'How to Rethink Australia Day' by Waleed Aly
Jeezus....do we really need this leftie bull on a fishing forum?

bilby

Post by bilby » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:54 pm

Are you trying to tell us you are a rightie, Stumpjumper?

Stumpjumper

Post by Stumpjumper » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:02 pm

I'm mostly a fisherman mate.

telr

Post by telr » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:47 am

First post, Tassie (ex North Qld) fisher. Leftie, Rightie, Yellow, Brown, Red or Bl***, we're (hopefully) all just fishermen (women, persons---- PC -- getting bl**dy ridiculous!) here! I have no idea how we came to have all this divisiveness in our society, I grew up in the 50's, we had all kinds in primary school, kids got along well, as did parents, but we were all working class, in a housing commission/war service area! Seems to me all this sh*t started when we began educating herds of people in unproductive "careers" so they could make a heap of money without producing anything! I'm retired, but much happier with fishermen than humanitarian a**eholes!

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:32 am

CC contributes more reports to the forum than just about anyone else so as far as I’m concerned he can include whatever he wants in those reports.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:26 am

Do you guys eat those horrid stinking carp somehow, perhaps with a peg on your noses, or just dispose of them? There are a heap of them in Cairn Curran. Some seriously big ones too.

telr

Post by telr » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:05 am

If it looks like I was criticizing CC, I offer abject apologies, my rant was against the author of the postscript, leaping onto the social "injustice" of the day. Ali is an extremely well educated man, with a strong ideal of social justice, but it really winds me up when commentators leap on the "invasion", as if the same thing hasn't happened all over the world when cultures clash. The whole country would be much better off if leaders worked on evening out health, housing, and education instead of concentrating on division. And I don't mean just elected pollies, there are plenty of social leaders who would do better for their people promoting school & doctor attendance and obeying laws, rather than the "always was etc." campaign! Ranting again, sorry CC!

Stumpjumper

Post by Stumpjumper » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:20 am

Spot on telr. By all means keep the carp fishing adventures coming but spare us the politically correct lectures.

Cornacarpio
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Cornacarpio » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:01 pm

Headed out today in warmish conditions and ended up with 4, some caught on corn and some caught on bread. It was very quiet during the day - I was about to pack up and leave just before they came on the bite! (When it sun was falling and it had cooled down a bit). Missed a few bites, and could have ended up with a few more, but it was still a good day. I love going fishing when it's hot!

+4

2017/18: 78 (1577)

To a confirmed angler, this sport is a way of life rather than the means of getting a good meal. Lack of success should not spoil our enjoyment of the effort, and a full bag should merely set the seal on a satisfying outing. Fisherman may need plenty of patience, as is said, but to an angler who has soaked up his fishing lore the time always seems to run out before he is ready.

Gregory’s Fishing Guide (1967), 5th edition, fully revised, printed by Kenmure Press Pty Ltd, Wetherill and Derby Sts, North Lidcombe, NSW, for Gregory’s Guides and Maps Pty Ltd, 14s Clarence St Sydney, p.4
Attachments
27479094_10156240001830362_83113888_o.jpg
The first Carp of the day
27480017_10156239998975362_1043695805_o.jpg
A haul of 4

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:31 pm

You did well in today’s heat.