Cornacarpio's Cumulative Carp Culling Caper

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
treedoctor

Re: Cornacarpio's Cumulative Carp Culling Caper

Post by treedoctor » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:39 pm

I have read this thread many times and the adventures of CC make me remember my days as a schoolboy back fishing the farm ponds of Blighty. Well today I was riding the bike with my daughter around Berwick Springsteen I spied some carp taking bread among the ducks and I thought maybe!

When I got home I asked the seven year old if she wanted to go back to the lake later to catch a fish. After several futile attempt from the beach pier and rivers I expected the negative response but she said why not.

Headed down at five pm set up her rod while I told her to start feeding some ducks. Even at seven she gave me a look to say he has lost it this time but started chi king the bread in. I baited up a lightly weight crust and handed her the rod and set about rigging my rod. Next came a "Dad, err r dad, dad, DAAAAAAAAAAD. I looked round to see her hanging on to a doubled over rod, ducks scattering and a reel screening it's guts out. Then the hook pulled. O well I though just my luck

Can we do that again a little voice said. It was fun.

're baited and two mins later bang. Another bite. A little struggle and a 63cm on the bank. It's working I thought. In we went again. Less than a min later and another screaming reel. This was. A struggle on a kid's rod but a 71cm came to the net and she was delighted.

Less than half an hour and we were back in car on way to tell mum of an adventure. My line never even got set.

CC I am now plus two and rebooted on carp.

Quote of the day came at the end. " dad can we come back after school tomorrow."

Another carp assassin is born.

Pics to follow.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:43 pm

treedoctor wrote:I have read this thread many times and the adventures of CC make me remember my days as a schoolboy back fishing the farm ponds of Blighty. Well today I was riding the bike with my daughter around Berwick Springsteen I spied some carp taking bread among the ducks and I thought maybe!

When I got home I asked the seven year old if she wanted to go back to the lake later to catch a fish. After several futile attempt from the beach pier and rivers I expected the negative response but she said why not.

Headed down at five pm set up her rod while I told her to start feeding some ducks. Even at seven she gave me a look to say he has lost it this time but started chi king the bread in. I baited up a lightly weight crust and handed her the rod and set about rigging my rod. Next came a "Dad, err r dad, dad, DAAAAAAAAAAD. I looked round to see her hanging on to a doubled over rod, ducks scattering and a reel screening it's guts out. Then the hook pulled. O well I though just my luck

Can we do that again a little voice said. It was fun.

're baited and two mins later bang. Another bite. A little struggle and a 63cm on the bank. It's working I thought. In we went again. Less than a min later and another screaming reel. This was. A struggle on a kid's rod but a 71cm came to the net and she was delighted.

Less than half an hour and we were back in car on way to tell mum of an adventure. My line never even got set.

CC I am now plus two and rebooted on carp.

Quote of the day came at the end. " dad can we come back after school tomorrow."

Another carp assassin is born.

Pics to follow.
Haha really nice report mate :) sounds like your daughter had a lot of fun! That's what it is all about.

treedoctor

Post by treedoctor » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:47 pm

Too true. A fish is a fish. At the end of the day it's the Buzz the bumps and the scream of the reel that gets the pulse going. I have been fishing years and still can't decide weather its me or the fish that is really the hooked one at this stage.

treedoctor

Post by treedoctor » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:53 pm

Pic as promised

treedoctor

Post by treedoctor » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:56 pm

image.jpeg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:03 pm

treedoctor wrote:
image.jpeg
Far out mate they look huge! On a kids rod they must have gone like freight trains lol

Cornacarpio
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Cornacarpio » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:28 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Carp are such a good sport fish, I reckon their fighting qualities are really underrated. What's more, is that they're relatively easy to catch and a great way to get junior hooked on fishing.

Well done and keep up the good work!

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:49 pm

Big carp
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:32 pm

Cornacarpio wrote::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Carp are such a good sport fish, I reckon their fighting qualities are really underrated. What's more, is that they're relatively easy to catch and a great way to get junior hooked on fishing.
They make a nice feed for the mother in law too
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Cornacarpio
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Cornacarpio » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:18 pm

One more to add to the total. Caught on the same set up as the 70cm model the other day.

Found a new spot (different to where I caught this micro). I feel another big one won't be too far away!

2015/16 Total: 68 (Cumulative Total: 1436)

Then pour upon your carp as much claret wine as will only cover him, and season your claret well with salt, cloves, and mace, and the rinds of oranges and lemons; that done, cover your pot and set it on a quick fire till it be sufficiently boiled; then take out the carp and lay it with the broth onto the dish; and pour upon it a quarter of a pound of the best fresh butter, melted and beaten with half a dozen spoonfuls of the broth, the yokes of two or three eggs, and some of the herbs shred; garnish your dish with lemons, and so serve it up, and much good do you.

From The Compleat Angler (1996 edn), p.201
Attachments
20160322_193252.jpg

Return to “Other Species”