Casey Fields Trout?

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Beno

Casey Fields Trout?

Post by Beno » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi Everyone

Was thinking of trying my luck at trout fishing at casey fields? Anyone know if they are biting good there at the moment and what bait and rigs to use? I was thinking a float and powerbait nuggets? :grin:

Cheers Beno
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ben Svensson

Re: Casey Fields Trout?

Post by Ben Svensson » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:23 pm

Sounds good mate

borntofish

Post by borntofish » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:19 am

I been fishing rowville lakes, with amazing results. Last week fished on the saturday for 2 hours only caught 2 little ones. on the friday I caught 7 and missed 20 plus good hits
I was berleying breadcrumbs with a running sinker with a metre leader so powerbait floats up off bottom. I had most success on friday using yellow and pink powerbait on same hook. But I didnt realise I was missing soo many fish because my bait was too big. Cutting it in half made a huge difference, and using number 12 trebles, but I am not really for them. I have always used 9262c suicide pattern with baitholder on it for trout. On the saturday I mixed ultra bite to bread crumbs. Got alot less fish, a few hits tho. Not real fussed on ultra bite!! Floats work well in close if you can get the depths right, I saw an asian guy with a long pole dropping float right amongst the weeds
You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something.

Beno

Post by Beno » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Thanks for the info mate. I think I have often lost trout because of the nuggets being too large and covering most of the hook.... will cut them in half this time and see how they go.
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:08 pm

when fishing for trout from Rowville lakes, I use maggots under a float. works great. That place is also full of redfin and carp as big as pillows
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

davjak
Has liked: 13 times

Post by davjak » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:58 am

I know this is an only post, but I went to Casey Fields Lake on Sat, we caught 5 trout on tassie devil 7g lures (fluro pink and fluro green)
iFISH Cranbourne Tackleworld was down there doing something with kids, a lot of them also caught a swag of his..

I tried the trout pellets without luck, the kids used pellets with a lot of success.. I had a great time use the lures, my first outing using lures :)

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:09 pm

Tassie Devils in pink are also lethal at Rowville, always worth a crack while the second rod wets a bait.

davjak
Has liked: 13 times

Post by davjak » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:24 pm

Another spot I might have to try out ChrisD as Rowville is close enough to home too :)

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:49 pm

I'm hoping to hit rowville and don lake this long weekend time permitting.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:29 pm

hey chris it might be worth experimenting with other colours to see if certain lakes or areas of lakes have colours that work better and even sometimes how much sunlight effects which colour works. and also how murky the water is.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Return to “Other Species”