lures for trout

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
yogogorilla
Has liked: 1 time

Re: lures for trout

Post by yogogorilla » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:31 am

Hey Man,

I've been investing quite a bit of time in research and trying different lures. I have been lucky enough to really collect quite a few different styles and find that it's really situational. I went fishing last night, trout jumping all over the shop and no matter what I threw, nothing would hit!

I have found the Atomic Hardz Shad 65mm suspending in Gold Wolf and Rock Crab to be a very versatile and great casting lure. I find these two work in c murky water.

In clear or tea water I've been using the Dr Minnow series with silver and purple along with Ecogear MW60F in a few different styles for deeper water.

In shallow rivers, I use a varied amount of lures - Tassie Devils, Blue Fox spinners and recently been using with great success the Strike Tiger (depending on time of year either the Nymph or Froglet).

I am trying to get a bit of a pod cast together about what I've learnt over the journey, bit like yourself I started fishing again 5 years ago and wanted to challenge myself. Feel free to send a message with any questions.

*Edit - I always use the Rapala floaters as well!

FlynnFisherman

Post by FlynnFisherman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:40 pm

If your fishing for trout I’d recommend using some tassie devil lures in pink or red, they usually get the job done for me.

FlynnFisherman

Post by FlynnFisherman » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:19 pm

Caught a monster brown on this one aswell! :thumbsup: Image
Last edited by FlynnFisherman on Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:43 pm

FlynnFisherman wrote:If your fishing for trout I’d recommend using some tassie devil lures in pink or red, they usually get the job done for me.
Red tassies use to work for me a few years back

FlynnFisherman

Post by FlynnFisherman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:52 pm

smile0784 wrote:
FlynnFisherman wrote:If your fishing for trout I’d recommend using some tassie devil lures in pink or red, they usually get the job done for me.
Red tassies use to work for me a few years back
Yep, there're pretty much a go to for lure fishing for trout especially in somewhere you've never fished.

ChrisTaylor
Has liked: 27 times

Post by ChrisTaylor » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:15 pm

The Dr Minnow lure caught me my first (two) trout this past weekend in Warburton, and attracted the interest of a few more trout. I hooked onto an especially nice one but dropped it on the shore like the true chicken head that I am.

Return to “Other Species”