Top 10 Carp fishing spots round Melbourne

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Top 10 Carp fishing spots round Melbourne

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:49 am

bread under a float. The bread is touching the bottom. When the float moves, I yank. I use treble hooks and simply press the bread against the trebles. Fish bites late in the afternoon. I dont chase carp but I go there afterwork if I am desperate to land a fish. When I walk the dog, I bring my gear and fish while my dog plays with other dogs.

When they start to bite, it can be crazy. I fish usually from 530PM (after work) until dusk. Mostly 2 hours max.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:51 am

and why bread? There are ducks in there and children feed the ducks with bread. As a result, the carps get their share and they are used to sucking bread.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:52 am

Thanks for the info I'm sure I will come down with in the next week thanks heaps
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:19 pm

Sounds like it is the next place I have to plan a trip. A couple of hours on the Yarra at Warrendyte this morning and only managed a couple of bites but zero hook ups. Berleyed up with cream corn and bread and worked about 1km of bank. Gardiners creek reserve sounds like the hot tip and worth a go, the girls are getting very frustrated with all these zero catch trips, need to start catching something to keep them interested. See how the day goes, might even get over there tonight.

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:26 pm

when I adverstised the place in fishnet a couple of years ago, the whole of VIC descended on the creek and left their rubbish on the banks. i hope there will be no repeat of the issue. I had to stay away from the creek for a while as walkers may end up blaming me for the rubbish.

Noob anglers dumped loaf after loaf after loaf of bread as burley. The result - no fish for them as they put a truck load of food in the water.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

ChrisD

Post by ChrisD » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:46 pm

Nothing frustrates me more then seeing rubbish left all over a river bank or lake side. Was always taught to leave a place how you found it, if not better. Even today we carried out our own rubbish along with some extra that others left behind. I mean we get on these nice stretches of water, how hard is it to keep them clean......anyway my rant for the afternoon.
Can assure you FC, the girls and i will certainly do our bit not to ruin this stretch of creek for you.

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:05 pm

ChrisD wrote:Nothing frustrates me more then seeing rubbish left all over a river bank or lake side. Was always taught to leave a place how you found it, if not better. Even today we carried out our own rubbish along with some extra that others left behind. I mean we get on these nice stretches of water, how hard is it to keep them clean......anyway my rant for the afternoon.
Can assure you FC, the girls and i will certainly do our bit not to ruin this stretch of creek for you.
:a_goodjob: :thumbsup:

I believe you mate.

It's not for me. It's for all of us. One screw up from an inconsiderate person and all of us will suffer. Luckily, there seems to be just 2 of us now soaking bread on the creek and the rubbish is no longer a problem (except when it rains and the flood carries everything from upstream).

PM me when you are planning to fish and I might meet you there for some carp-tug-of-war.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

ChrisD

Post by ChrisD » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:33 pm

Will check the plans with the Minister and the girls and see how we go.

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Post by sasquatch972 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:32 pm

I was down at rowville last weekend goin for carp using boilies and cheese. No luck but saw many fish jump!!
Last edited by sasquatch972 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:08 pm

went to belgrave lake and emerald lake this morning. no luck at either no even a bite. i guess the fish had a day off too

Return to “Other Species”