why have redfin slowed down this year ???

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
clownface

Re: why have redfin slowed down this year ???

Post by clownface » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:33 pm

Rod Bender wrote:
clownface wrote:might just be me but i feel as if redfin in estate lakes and urban areas are still just as easily caught :S
It may just be you :D Though I do find it strange that some people are still catching good redfin, well the odd pics I see on facebook.
Jim
the urban lakes i fish at are hardly fished as i literally NEVER see anyone fishing besides my friends and i. that might be why i haven't noticed any slow down of fish

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:49 am

Some interesting points here! The only thing I would like to add is the fact that my entire freshwater scene has been slow! I know people have still had luck but my catch from about December is as follows:
1 small redfin
1 small cod
1 small yella
4 reasonable trout
1 carp!
What I would really like to know is when will things get back to normal!
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:59 am

clownface wrote:
Rod Bender wrote:
clownface wrote:might just be me but i feel as if redfin in estate lakes and urban areas are still just as easily caught :S
It may just be you :D Though I do find it strange that some people are still catching good redfin, well the odd pics I see on facebook.
Jim
the urban lakes i fish at are hardly fished as i literally NEVER see anyone fishing besides my friends and i. that might be why i haven't noticed any slow down of fish
Well where are these urban lakes? care to share? how about some photo's? and why havn't you entered the Redfin comp?

clownface

Post by clownface » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:30 am

sorry fishsnipper, i'd rather not share the spots as most of the spots only have one jetty to fish off which fits 3-4 people max and i'd hate for it to be over run :(
as for the competition, i keep forgetting to take the photo with the code word under it as i just want to release the fish ASAP to reduce risk of damage.

i assume that most estate lakes would be the same, all i use is a hook full of worms that i cast as far out as i can and just wait for the redfin to bite, i even used the squidgy wrigglers and caught a couple at one point when i got bored.

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:39 am

No probs, it's just that most of the estate lakes around the Western subs are either dry or very low but then again we always seem to get the roar end of the deal
If no one fishes there then why not share? The chances are they will be all stunted in size coz no one is catching them, sometimes it's good to take a few out so that they can grow to a decent size especially in small estate lakes coz they will eventually die anyway.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:19 am

Tried to find some info on them from the UK. They reckon they can live up to 22 years old and the biggest ever caught was here in OZ and weighed 10kg. Wow, what a reddie, 10kg! They say they grow the biggest here in Oz.

vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Post by vxcalais » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:24 pm

Fishsnipper wrote:No probs, it's just that most of the estate lakes around the Western subs are either dry or very low but then again we always seem to get the roar end of the deal
If no one fishes there then why not share? The chances are they will be all stunted in size coz no one is catching them, sometimes it's good to take a few out so that they can grow to a decent size especially in small estate lakes coz they will eventually die anyway.
Caroline Springs Lake does nicely and so does Cairnlea in the west. Roxburg Park ?

Henshooter

Post by Henshooter » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:10 am

vxcalais wrote:
Fishsnipper wrote:No probs, it's just that most of the estate lakes around the Western subs are either dry or very low but then again we always seem to get the roar end of the deal
Caroline Springs Lake does nicely and so does Cairnlea in the west. Roxburg Park ?
Sorry to say Cairnlea is slower than a snot on an Eskimos face , and isn't producing at all

Return to “Other Species”