Show us your biggest fattest carp!!

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Fish-Hunter

Re: Show us your biggest fattest carp!!

Post by Fish-Hunter » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:27 pm

sasquatch972 wrote:carp is such a massive problem though,the murray river is just absolutely chockers full of them.

this photo is from the Menindee Weir on the Darling River,nsw.. saw it in google images but they are ALL baby carp........
Now thats Mental :shock: , throw a few sticks of TNT into that pond . :2guns:

rixter

Post by rixter » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:33 pm

Nice size carp netmaker. Fun fighters 'sometimes' on light gear. Keep cleaning them out !.
Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:34 pm

netmaker wrote:Heres one i got in the nine mile ck near home a few years ago,i can tell you he gave me the run around on a 2kg outfit.
79cm of power,cheer's Murph.
Nice :a_goodjob:

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Post by sasquatch972 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:39 pm

MIKER wrote:
sasquatch972 wrote:carp is such a massive problem though,the murray river is just absolutely chockers full of them.

this photo is from the Menindee Weir on the Darling River,nsw.. saw it in google images but they are ALL baby carp........
haha your telling me! they should get the European union to help fund the Australian government in netting all the carp over here through the murray,and find a way to transport them back and stock alot of europes rivers and lakes with them as Common carp are listed as a Vulnerable speices in their natural habitat. It would help us and help them!

netmaker

Post by netmaker » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:59 pm

sasquatch972 wrote:
MIKER wrote:

haha your telling me! they should get the European union to help fund the Australian government in netting all the carp over here through the murray,and find a way to transport them back and stock alot of europes rivers and lakes with them as Common carp are listed as a Vulnerable speices in their natural habitat. It would help us and help them!
H'mm i have often thought of that myself,along with an idea of the goverment setting up a bounty on them for fisherman.
lets say 50cents a fish to be paid at a collecting station.These stations would be set up statewide in most towns.Of coarse there would have to be a maximum to stop any abuse of the arrangement.The carp could then be processed to make fertilizer,perhaps a deal with "Charlie Carp" or another independent could come to play.

I suppose an export market could be well put to use if it's viable enough,we seem to have enough of them & the population does not look like it's going away reel soon,cheer's Murph........
3p's will catch you fish,patients,perserverence,persistance....

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Post by sasquatch972 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:36 pm

netmaker wrote:
sasquatch972 wrote:
MIKER wrote:

H'mm i have often thought of that myself,along with an idea of the goverment setting up a bounty on them for fisherman.
lets say 50cents a fish to be paid at a collecting station.These stations would be set up statewide in most towns.Of coarse there would have to be a maximum to stop any abuse of the arrangement.The carp could then be processed to make fertilizer,perhaps a deal with "Charlie Carp" or another independent could come to play.

I suppose an export market could be well put to use if it's viable enough,we seem to have enough of them & the population does not look like it's going away reel soon,cheer's Murph........
yeah. to be honest i dont think we will ever be able to fully get rid of them, there is just so bloody many of them! even though many say they are a great fish to catch, its better to have native fish, or trout!

docta

Post by docta » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:22 pm

one I caught in gippy
Attachments
carp.jpg
carp.jpg (90.4 KiB) Viewed 648 times
Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths...

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:38 pm

docta wrote:one I caught in gippy
Nice one. I haven't heard of many carp in that area.
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:07 pm

from the local creek less than a km away from my garage

OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:33 pm

Fish-cador wrote:from the local creek less than a km away from my garage

holy crap, how long did it take to pull them out?

Return to “Other Species”