Ovens River - revegetation / Phil Weigall 25/1/13!

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Rod Bender

Ovens River - revegetation / Phil Weigall 25/1/13!

Post by Rod Bender » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:40 am

Hi All,
Copied the following from DPI facebook page. Honestly believe it would be a pretty good day - if I wasn't working! Looks like good work they are doing in the area as well.
thanks
Jim

Your fishing licence fees have helped improve the fish habitat at Ovens River near Bright with work done by the North East Catchment Management Authority (CMA).
Log jams and large boulders have created variable flow and increased resting areas for fish, while revegetation will improve shading and insect activity.
Check out the site at Jack's Hole, via Tyntynder Lane, off the Great Alpine Road, on Friday 25 January from 10am.
You can meet flyfishing expert and author Phil Weigall, see some fly tying and tackle demonstrations and enjoy the free 'fish finger' sizzle.
For more information contact Andrew Briggs from the CMA on (02) 6043 7671.
Attachments
ovens.jpg
ovens.jpg (49.33 KiB) Viewed 238 times
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

wading not drowning

Re: Ovens River - revegetation / Phil Weigall 25/1/13!

Post by wading not drowning » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Thanks for the heads up Jim.I hope to be balls deep in the Taponga this Friday so will not be able to attend but i'm stoked that the government are still funding stream re-vegetation.As an aside it is great that we are blessed with three very good freshwater writers in Victoria in Bill James,Mick Hall and my favorite Phil Weigall.Phil's writing is always entertaining and informative.He is always ready to laugh at his own "oops" moments and encourages his readers to have a crack.I would strongly recommend his guide to victorian trout waters and Bill James's guide to trout fishing to anyone wanting to broaden their trouty horizons.

Return to “Other Species”