Reddies 17/2/20

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Charles7
Has liked: 98 times

Reddies 17/2/20

Post by Charles7 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:54 pm

It was a hot, sunny day today and having read somewhere on this forum recently that the reddies get up and about when it hits about 30 degrees, I was tossing up between going to the gym after work or jumping in the car and hitting up a lake I've been following closely on Fishbrain recently. With the missus out for the evening and my motivation for the gym low, I decided to go fishing, especially considering the weather doesn't look too flash tomorrow and days like these shouldn't be wasted indoors on a treadmill. I started out casting a Z-Man 2.5 inch grub in motor oil and got a few follows from some tiddlers. Eventually I lost it to a snag and swapped to a Z-Man 2.5 inch grub in watermelon red flake. After about 40 minutes of casting I landed a reddie measuring 29cm, only a couple of centimetres shy of my PB. Pretty stoked to have actually caught something in this lake (first time resulted in donuts), I kept plugging away and about half an hour later I landed a slightly bigger reddie at 32cm and 1lb. I've been trying hard with the soft plastics with mixed results but I can say after tonight that they're well worth the time and effort. Tight lines folks.

https://imgur.com/a/NSakM6u

https://imgur.com/a/4P9ba7S

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Re: Reddies 17/2/20

Post by ChrisD » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:25 am

A couple of nice catches there - and much better decision to go fishing than to the gym :)

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:34 am

Nice work mate.
A couple of nice ones there.
Cheers :tu:

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:26 pm

Well done charles :tu:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

janny11
Has liked: 9 times

Post by janny11 » Wed May 11, 2022 10:18 pm

Nicely done! But for this kind of hot weather, I bought treadmill from here. For fishing it requires too much time and sometimes there are really busy days so I setup a small gym in my house. I have gathered almost all the basic gym equipment.

Return to “Other Species”