Day trip looksee.

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Al03

Day trip looksee.

Post by Al03 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:26 am

Had a day out on Friday. Fished Laanecoorie, the Loddon River and on the way home stopped in at Tullaroop for a peek. Consistency is my aim with fishing and once again I got donuts. Shore based only. Sorry to say that road access to Laanecoorie Weir is blocked. Used to fish just near the wall for mixed results. Decided to head into the mighty town of Laanecoorie and fish the river where you can also camp. Threw a couple of baits around, no result, but was highly pissed with the rubbish some so called fishos had left. There are bins there, how bloody hard is it to put rubbish in the bin? When I go hunting there are no bins but we bring our rubbish home with us. So two locations, donuts. Can I get the trifecta? Dropped into Tullaroop to find several boats out in the drink. If you want a place for the Mrs and kids to be happy this is it. Grounds are immaculate, got yacking with an employee there who told me that they have been cleaning up on Reddies. Baits, jigging, etc. Best plan of attack he reckoned was slowly drifting until you got onto them, then drop the pick. Yup I soaked some baits for a while, enjoyed the peace and quiet, and got my trifecta of no fish. Am still amazed at how immaculate Tullaroop is. There is grass, which is green! Toilets, BBQ's and everything is so well kept, no rubbish! Anyway had a great day and encourage Members to have a peek at Tullaroop.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Day trip looksee.

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:14 am

I have never been to Tullaroop but it sounds very nice! Might have to check it out one day and have a fish :) thanks for the report mate.
Cheers :thumbsup:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:59 pm

Fishing always beats working even if no fish.

I agree why can people just take the rubbish home with them. It's not that hard.

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:04 pm

Bad day fishing better than good day at work is my motto

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:08 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:59 pm
Fishing always beats working even if no fish.

I agree why can people just take the rubbish home with them. It's not that hard.
Annoys me a lot too mate. When I go I always make sure the place is left tidy. Like you said it’s not very hard and takes minimal effort.

Return to “Other Species”