Mansfield trout fishing

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Jucfishing

Mansfield trout fishing

Post by Jucfishing » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:08 pm

Hi everyone,
I’m down at my Buller for the weekend but the snow forecast isn’t looking too great. I brought some rods and will go fishing in one of the streams somewhere. I was just wanting to know the best streams and how to get there and also i didn’t bring my waders so I’ll need somewhere with bank access. Cheers :victory:

Sebb
Has liked: 3008 times

Re: Mansfield trout fishing

Post by Sebb » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:28 pm

Are you lure fishing? You can try delatite. Never fished there so no idea, water can be high and fast. Google map should be enough to find access, look for bridges.
Otherwise try lake Eildon. Depends on how low is the level, can be muddy on the edges. Try to locate rocky edges or around boat ramps.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

tracks

Post by tracks » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:01 am

Delatite would be your best bet but finding a spot can be difficult if you have not fished this river before, like Seb85 mentions google or better still head into Mansfield and drop into the gun shop/tackle shop and get some advice and maybe buy a map of the area.

Failing that Gough's Bay just off the Mansfield - Jameison Rd is always worth a try, water is very low but a easy walk down to the lakes edge, very good chance of trout redfin yellas and maybe a cod, check in with the general store they are very helpful and will set you off in the right direction.
Good luck.

Jucfishing

Post by Jucfishing » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:57 pm

tracks wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:01 am
Delatite would be your best bet but finding a spot can be difficult if you have not fished this river before, like Seb85 mentions google or better still head into Mansfield and drop into the gun shop/tackle shop and get some advice and maybe buy a map of the area.

Failing that Gough's Bay just off the Mansfield - Jameison Rd is always worth a try, water is very low but a easy walk down to the lakes edge, very good chance of trout redfin yellas and maybe a cod, check in with the general store they are very helpful and will set you off in the right direction.
Good luck.
Thanks, I’m thinking of maybe starting near mill inn or at the my Buller road bridge. Hopefully I get on to a few.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:25 pm

Jucfishing wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:57 pm
tracks wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:01 am

Good luck.
Thanks, I’m thinking of maybe starting near mill inn or at the my Buller road bridge. Hopefully I get on to a few.
Yes, hope you do get on to a few , , , , good luck

Cheers, Bug

tracks

Post by tracks » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:03 am

Hey mate how did you go, did you try around Merrijig where it's a bit more open,

Return to “Other Species”