Trout opening 2017

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Trout opening 2017

Post by mazman » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Hey guys,
After a pretty busy week I didn't manage to get out on trout opening itself and had to wait an extra week to hit the rivers again. Lots of people about and clear skies made the trout a little spooky in the goulburn. Things didn't quite fall our way but we made up for it later on in the week with a great session on fly that I'm editing up now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE9XWuDrryU

Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Re: Trout opening 2017

Post by meppstas » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:10 pm

Certainly a tough start to the season Alex.. few ups and downs there mate.. can only get better...

still a fun day for the pair of you any way and that's what it's all about.. good video clip too.. :thumbsup:

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

mazman

Post by mazman » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:09 pm

meppstas wrote:Certainly a tough start to the season Alex.. few ups and downs there mate.. can only get better...

still a fun day for the pair of you any way and that's what it's all about.. good video clip too.. :thumbsup:

cheers
Adrian
Thanks Adrian, it certainly did get better went back on Tuesday to find the river void of other people and full of hungry rainbows.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:12 am

Loved the video
Looking forward to the next one

Gra

brybry

Post by brybry » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:18 pm

Like you I missed opening day due to prior commitments. But my fishing buddies hit the Goulburn early and slayed them. Caught roughly 20 between the two of them. Nothing big but the last one was decent.

Went last weekend with one of the guys and we caught 8 between us including my first Goulburn trout on fly! Mixed sizes, but mainly small rainbows. Hooked up to monster rainbow that peeled line and had to chase down stream. Mate lost it at the net but reckons it could have gone three kilos at least. He also hooked up briefly to a similar sized brown that also spat the hook.

Good day.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:12 pm

brybry wrote:Like you I missed opening day due to prior commitments. But my fishing buddies hit the Goulburn early and slayed them. Caught roughly 20 between the two of them. Nothing big but the last one was decent.

Went last weekend with one of the guys and we caught 8 between us including my first Goulburn trout on fly! Mixed sizes, but mainly small rainbows. Hooked up to monster rainbow that peeled line and had to chase down stream. Mate lost it at the net but reckons it could have gone three kilos at least. He also hooked up briefly to a similar sized brown that also spat the hook.

Good day.
Good to see tbe goulburn fishing well.

mazman

Post by mazman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:31 pm

brybry wrote:Like you I missed opening day due to prior commitments. But my fishing buddies hit the Goulburn early and slayed them. Caught roughly 20 between the two of them. Nothing big but the last one was decent.

Good day.
Yeah the goulburn fished exceptionally over opening from all accounts. we struggled with numbers on the river when we went this trip, every access point we checked had 4 or more cars and gilmores had 10! Our trip back sounds very similar to your trip over the weekend, it's a shame they raised the level it was incredibly pleasant to fish at that level.

Return to “Other Species”