Trout Season Opening Bright + Goulburn 9th & 10th (latest post)

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
tommyfishunter

Re: Trout Season Opening Bright

Post by tommyfishunter » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:47 am

Instead of starting a new thread thought i might just update this one.
Went up to the Goulburn around Thornton on the weekend, with plenty of success on the trout once again.
Between 4 of us caught about 30 trout over the weekend. Most of the fish fell to worms, tried a lot of different lures, but lightly weight worms were deadly. The Goulburn is my usual trout spot and its probably the most active i've seen the river in my time going there. Fish were constantly rising, spoke to a few fly fishos which all cleaned up, lot's of little fish around. Biggest fish went about 40 see photo.

Fished the Rubicon on sunday which was not without it's events, plenty of trout running around Tumbling waters, including a nice little Brook Trout, which my mate caught.
Went upstream to The Boys camping ground the river was running really fast here still managed a nice little brown see below. On the way back to the car had an unfortunate incident trying to cross a heavy flowing river, for some reason i thought it was a great plan to chuck my bag over the river first. Long storey short i overestimated my throwing ability. Bag landed in the water started taking off down stream. Jumped in after it with the waders on managed to save the bag, luckily had a change of clothes in the car. Unfortunately the phone didn't like the water as much as i did. It's well and truely cooked. Not a great way to end the weekend, but sometimes you just gotta take the good with the bad.
IMAG2775.jpg
IMAG2759.jpg

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: Trout Season Opening Bright + Goulburn 9th & 10th (latest post)

Post by barra mick » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:51 am

Nice trip again

Good to see alot off trout active in that area

bm

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:48 pm

Good to see you're still getting a few trout... Not a good idea jumping in a river with your waders on either..

Maybe okay if it's shallow water, but too risky in deeper cold water.. take care on the rivers mate, we want to keep reading your trout reports...

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

tommyfishunter

Post by tommyfishunter » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:04 pm

meppstas wrote:Good to see you're still getting a few trout... Not a good idea jumping in a river with your waders on either..

Maybe okay if it's shallow water, but too risky in deeper cold water.. take care on the rivers mate, we want to keep reading your trout reports...

cheers
Adrian
Was as an adrenaline fueled decision, they are only boot waders and the river was no deeper than waste. So i was pretty confident i'd be alright.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:49 pm

No worries mate.. just be careful though.. :thumbsup:

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Return to “Other Species”