Carp - The most popular freshwater table fish in the world

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Nuscani

Carp - The most popular freshwater table fish in the world

Post by Nuscani » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:28 pm

CARP - The most popular freshwater table fish in the world

Carp are a pest that have invaded freshwater creeks such as Gardiners Creek and many others. When most people catch Carp they simply kill it and leave it on the bank to rot, because releasing it is not an option to to the law. Most Australians see it as a pest, however in Europe and Asia statistically if you offered someone a beautiful rainbow trout and a carp, most would pick the Carp. That is not what it is like in Australia because hate it because we know nothing about its value.

USES

Food
It is obviously used for eating as it is the most popular freshwater table fish in the world, yet when it is not killed correctly it is known to taste like mud. The same goes with Gummy Sharks and Salmon, if not killed correctly it tastes terrible. Carp tastes terrible unless it is instantly be put on ice as soon as it is out of the water.

Leather
Its tough skin is used to make leather for keychains, handbags and other small leather items.

Eggs
Female carp eggs are used to make 'carp row caviar', a delicacy in Europe.

Manure
Carp are grounded down and are the primary ingredient in manure companies such as 'Charlie Carp' and several others.

I believe that wasting any life is wrong, including the life of Carp, which is why I believe that anyone who fishes for Carp if they want to use them for eating should bring an esky with ice and take as many as you want home with you and cook them up with some flour, salt and pepper or make leather from their skin or whatever you want to do with them.

Every carp fisherman please watch this video on how to eat carp and other uses for carp,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gi0dYjbrJs

and read this article by 'The Sydney Morning Herald' as it explains how and why carp is the most popular freshwater fish in the world.
http://www.smh.com.au/environment/anima ... 33b99.html

If you cant beat them, eat them
Last edited by Nuscani on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 14 times in total.

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Carp - The most popular freshwater table fish in the world

Post by skronkman » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:58 pm

I haven't tried to eat one so I can't say. I haven't targeted them since I was a kid. I also don't like killing for the sake of it and try to return any fish to the water if I dont have a use for it however I believe it is illegal to return carp to the water. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:17 pm

in vic you must not return them to the water alive. if you don't want to kill them in this state, don't target them

Nuscani

Post by Nuscani » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:18 pm

skronkman wrote:I haven't tried to eat one so I can't say. I haven't targeted them since I was a kid. I also don't like killing for the sake of it and try to return any fish to the water if I dont have a use for it however I believe it is illegal to return carp to the water. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
It is illegal, however the law is not always morally right, an example is the carp culling law. Life should never be put to waste, especially when there are so many uses for it. It is simply a shame and a waste that caught carp are left on the banks on rivers to perish, when so many things can be done with it. And if you can't be bothered turning it into a meal or whatever than just feed it to your pets.

Nuscani

Post by Nuscani » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:20 pm

Basti wrote:in vic you must not return them to the water alive. if you don't want to kill them in this state, don't target them
Then do what I do, kill them and make a meal out of them or save money on cat food and feed them to your pet or use them as manure, turn their skin into leather, do whatever you want! I just think that it is a waste that something so treasured in Europe and Asia is garbage here.
Last edited by Nuscani on Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:22 pm

Sure is illegal. So take your c&r suggestions :down: :down: elsewhere nuscani.I dont like seeing that sort of crap on here promoting doing the wrong thing :down:

If i was that worried about killing something needlessly when i went fishing,i dont think i'd go fishing anymore.
From my experience it doesn't always turn out good for the fish no matter what the intent of the angler.

Nuscani

Post by Nuscani » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:26 pm

drew 2 wrote:Sure is illegal. So take your c&r suggestions :down: :down: elsewhere nuscani.I dont like seeing that sort of crap on here promoting doing the wrong thing :down:

If i was that worried about killing something needlessly when i went fishing,i dont think i'd go fishing anymore.
From my experience it doesn't always turn out good for the fish no matter what the intent of the angler.
I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm not forcing anyone to do anything drew. This is a fishing forum drew, there is no need to take my suggestions elsewhere, I am talking about carp fishing on a fishing forum. Also what i said is not "crap", I am not promoting releasing them back into the water, I am simply informing people of the uses of the pest fish Carp instead of leaving them on the bank. And killing something needlessly is not eating the fish, so I don't know why a fisherman, such as yourself, would kill a fish needlessly, unless it is a pest and the law, such as carp, I think you should rethink that statement. Also I don't think having your skin turned into leather or becoming manure is a good outcome for the fish so you should think about what you say before you say it. Also killing something needlessly is not eating the fish, so I dont know why a fisherman would kill a fish needlessly, unless it is a pest and the law, such as carp, I think you should rethink that statement. But like i said I am simply informing people of the uses of the pest fish Carp instead of leaving them on the bank.

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:57 pm

Some convenient editings there :thumbsup:
I should have quoted you first up then the c&r bit would have still been there ;-)
You my friend, and a few others like you are why i dont bother posting much on here anymore.
Did you edit out the bit about watch what i say too :-D

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:05 pm

Caro compete for and destroy the habitat of native fish. Catch and Kill as many as possible then what you do with them is entirely up to the individual. No I don't believe in senseless killing as killing something to remove it from causing proven damage to the environment is a worthy pursuit.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:08 pm

Nuscani wrote:CARP - The most popular freshwater table fish in the world

Carp are a pest that have invaded freshwater creeks such as Gardiners Creek and many others. When most people catch Carp they simply kill it and leave it on the bank to rot, because releasing it is not an option to to the law. Most Australians see it as a pest, however in Europe and Asia statistically if you offered someone a beautiful rainbow trout and a carp, most would pick the Carp. That is not what it is like in Australia because hate it because we know nothing about its value.

USES

Food
It is obviously used for eating as it is the most popular freshwater table fish in the world, yet when it is not killed correctly it is known to taste like mud. The same goes with Gummy Sharks and Salmon, if not killed correctly it tastes terrible. Carp tastes terrible unless it is instantly be put on ice as soon as it is out of the water.

Leather
Its tough skin is used to make leather for keychains, handbags and other small leather items.

Eggs
Female carp eggs are used to make 'carp row caviar', a delicacy in Europe.

Manure
Carp are grounded down and are the primary ingredient in manure companies such as 'Charlie Carp' and several others.

I believe that wasting any life is wrong, including the life of Carp, which is why I believe that anyone who fishes for Carp if they want to use them for eating should bring an esky with ice and take as many as you want home with you and cook them up with some flour, salt and pepper or make leather from their skin or whatever you want to do with them.

Every carp fisherman please watch this video on how to eat carp and other uses for carp,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gi0dYjbrJs

and read this article by 'The Sydney Morning Herald' as it explains how and why carp is the most popular freshwater fish in the world.
http://www.smh.com.au/environment/anima ... 33b99.html

If you cant beat them, eat them
Thought u were taking the ****.
Sarcastic post when I first read it.

Dont really give a stuff how much the euros ect like it

Return to “Other Species”