Carp - The most popular freshwater table fish in the world

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Kadmium

Re: Carp - The most popular freshwater table fish in the world

Post by Kadmium » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:17 pm

Nuscani this is now the second time you have edited a post to make yourself look better. You sent me private messages begging to me unqoute you after you went on a rant about how fishing licences are a waste of money and you think they are ridiculous. Then you had some bull story for me to change my posts to make you look better.

Now you go on about returning Carp to the water and then edit your posts when you get backlash.

If you are going to say something then stick to it. You carry on and then try and change your opinion. Carp are a noxious species that I will do my best to eradicate. And no they don't taste good. The euros keep them in fresh running water for several weeks before eating them.

I am going to kill all the carp I can.
Species Comp 16/17

Salt: KGW 36cm - Squid 35cm - Salmon 22cm - Flathead 34cm - EP 35cm - Total Salt 162cm

Fresh: Carp 55cm - Total Fresh 55cm

TOTAL : 217cm

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:23 pm

ChrisD wrote:I've always wondered - when does an introduced species become "australian"
When we look at people - if your parents come from overseas and you were born here - you are Australian
But with animals and plants we don't apply the same rules. Never understood why really.
Carp finds it too difficult to produce a birth certificate or proof of citizenship. When they find a way to do so, they will become "Australian Carp" and the pest label will be removed. Their offsprings will become "native" species. :rofl: :rofl:

Nuscani

Post by Nuscani » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:42 pm

Kadmium wrote:Nuscani this is now the second time you have edited a post to make yourself look better. You sent me private messages begging to me unqoute you after you went on a rant about how fishing licences are a waste of money and you think they are ridiculous. Then you had some b******* story for me to change my posts to make you look better.

Now you go on about returning Carp to the water and then edit your posts when you get backlash.

If you are going to say something then stick to it. You carry on and then try and change your opinion. Carp are a noxious species that I will do my best to eradicate. And no they don't taste good. The euros keep them in fresh running water for several weeks before eating them.

Don't know how i was begging mate, just asked you to delete because you falsely accused me that I am against licences even though I have one lol.
Kill them all I want them dead mate :)
Just giving suggestions on things to do with them :thumbsup:
No need to get mad mate, this is a friendly forum for the fishing community of Victoria
Last edited by Nuscani on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuscani

Post by Nuscani » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
ChrisD wrote:I've always wondered - when does an introduced species become "australian"
When we look at people - if your parents come from overseas and you were born here - you are Australian
But with animals and plants we don't apply the same rules. Never understood why really.
Carp finds it too difficult to produce a birth certificate or proof of citizenship. When they find a way to do so, they will become "Australian Carp" and the pest label will be removed. Their offsprings will become "native" species. :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl:

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:26 pm

I've eaten Carp straight out of the Darling River in outback NSW, it wasn't too bad at all.

The most important step is to get rid of the bloodline, same as a Salmon. We'd cook them on a grill over an open fire, giving it a smoky flavour. My mate and I reckon it was very similar to Snapper, in both texture and flavor, though I really dont rate Snapper much as a table fish.

When I was a kid, everyone would turn their noses up when watching the "foreigners" catching squid for the table...how could they eat such a disgusting looking fish! My grandfather and his mates still wont touch "stinkin'' Calamari, no matter how good I tell him it is. Maybe after a few generations Carp might become a regular table fish.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:00 pm

greggo wrote:Maybe after a few generations Carp might become a regular table fish.
Just eat around the cold sores?
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:19 pm

Nuscani wrote:
drew 2 wrote:Some convenient editings there :thumbsup:
I should have quoted you first up then the c&r bit would have still been there ;-)
You my friend, and a few others like you are why i dont bother posting much on here anymore.
Did you edit out the bit about watch what i say too :-D
:rofl: nah mate the watch what you say bit is still there :rofl:
Curious as to what the consequences will be if i choose to ignore your instruction.

kadmium go and look at the original post,last time i did he'd edited 13 times,resembles nothing like the original.
The only part i found offensive was the C&R suggestion,It's illegal in this state.
And i'm being told by him to watch what i say.

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:49 pm

End of the day - carp are here to stay. It is a pipe dream that anything will change that. One day we may vastly reduce their numbers but total removal won't happen. It has been tried with rabbits and blackberries and we can all see how well that has gone.

The better approach is to work out how to reduce and live with them in the system.

in the meantime - they are still fun to catch on light tackle :)
an introduced species is a species that isn't native to Australia. Homosapiens from any country or race are all the same species so the they are no more an invasive species than I am (English ancestry), or the aboriginals (indigenous Australians) for that matter. Cultural assimilation is another story but it has nothing to do with species.

Edited to clarify my use of terms "I", "we", "us" and "they".
Last edited by skronkman on Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:52 pm

Kill them all by any means possible. **** dipped in gold is still ****.

Nuscani

Post by Nuscani » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Kadmium wrote:Nuscani this is now the second time you have edited a post to make yourself look better. You sent me private messages begging to me unqoute you after you went on a rant about how fishing licences are a waste of money and you think they are ridiculous. Then you had some b******* story for me to change my posts to make you look better.

drew 2 wrote:Sure is illegal. So take your c&r suggestions :down: :down: elsewhere nuscani.I dont like seeing that sort of crap on here promoting doing the wrong thing :down:

If i was that worried about killing something needlessly when i went fishing,i dont think i'd go fishing anymore.
From my experience it doesn't always turn out good for the fish no matter what the intent of the angler.
Lol why are you guys (Kadmium and drew 2) taking the opinion of a 15 year old seriously :rofl: There are more important things to rant about the a 15 year olds opinion on carp.

Return to “Other Species”