Ballarat - Wendouree

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
PDXSerric

Ballarat - Wendouree

Post by PDXSerric » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:40 pm

Hey all. I've been waiting for the weather to change a little before hittng the waters again. I heard today they are taking Brownies in Lake Purrumbete on whiting and Tassie devils. Would love to go but it’s a bit out of my range atm, so I am trying something a little closer to home.

Has anyone shorefished Wendouree lately? Can anyone give me a recent report within, say, 50 km of Ballarat? (about as far as to Daylesford)? Are trout taking anything from the shore and if so, what (tassies, I presume) and where?

Heading out Sat morning so if I can get some good data soon that would be great.

Cheers!

PS: Picked up yet another Devil today at BCF as well as a spin shad (because, why not?") and some soft plastics. Fingers crossed!

Born2fish

Re: Ballarat - Wendouree

Post by Born2fish » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:24 am

Bullen merri Chinook salmon on the chew wendouree I know Browns are on the chew

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:03 am

Do you know what the browns are biting on?

Part Timer
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Part Timer » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:08 am

PDXSerric wrote:Hey all. I've been waiting for the weather to change a little before hittng the waters again. I heard today they are taking Brownies in Lake Purrumbete on whiting and Tassie devils. Would love to go but it’s a bit out of my range atm, so I am trying something a little closer to home.

Has anyone shorefished Wendouree lately? Can anyone give me a recent report within, say, 50 km of Ballarat? (about as far as to Daylesford)? Are trout taking anything from the shore and if so, what (tassies, I presume) and where?

Heading out Sat morning so if I can get some good data soon that would be great.

Cheers!

PS: Picked up yet another Devil today at BCF as well as a spin shad (because, why not?") and some soft plastics. Fingers crossed!
Any luck at Wendouree of late?

I'm thinking of giving it a go over Christmas, as am seeing family in Ballarat. Have never fished it before.

Any advice for a landbased fisho?

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:00 am

Part Timer wrote:
PDXSerric wrote:Hey all. I've been waiting for the weather to change a little before hittng the waters again. I heard today they are taking Brownies in Lake Purrumbete on whiting and Tassie devils. Would love to go but it’s a bit out of my range atm, so I am trying something a little closer to home.

Cheers!

I'm thinking of giving it a go over Christmas, as am seeing family in Ballarat. Have never fished it before.

It looks like its gonna be super warm for next few days so i'd be fishing at sparrows fart or just after sunset. Are you using lures or bait?

Part Timer

Post by Part Timer » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:44 am

shazdoggg wrote:
Part Timer wrote:

Cheers!

It looks like its gonna be super warm for next few days so i'd be fishing at sparrows fart or just after sunset. Are you using lures or bait?
Lures would be my go. Spinners and Tasso Devils for the most part I'd say

Part Timer

Post by Part Timer » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:44 am

shazdoggg wrote:
Part Timer wrote:

Cheers!

Lures would be my go. Spinners and Tassie Devils for the most part I'd say

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:55 pm

l have been fishing Wendouree a lot lately and have been catching a lot of rainbows using mudeyes but that is from a boat.
Today though while l was waiting to put my boat back on the trailer l saw a nice rainbow swimming across the boat ramp,so l think you would have a bit of luck landbased as well.
:cheers:

Return to “Other Species”