Good work Marty, nice fish, cheers davo :thumbsup:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Marty.A

Re: First River Trout capture

Post by Marty.A » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:59 am

Sinsemilla wrote:
Marty.A wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:Good fish mate! well done. Was that the only one for the trip? did any of the other guys get any?

Cheers, Anth
Thanks mate a few were caught Anth but most days it was a combination of rain, wind and light snowfalls so it was hard to fish both the river and the lake in the pic is the snow showers we got a lot of ,most guys we spoke to were doing it tough as well ill post some more of my captures tomorrow :thumbsup:
No doubt it would have been tough going with that kind of weather. Were you getting ice building up on the tip of your rod and line roller?
Awesome to be over that way anyway. I can't wait till I can get back there. Such a beautiful place.
So does that mean you're hooked and back every year or what? There isn't much you can compare to walking a nice river and catching a trout on a lure.
This was my 4th time there Anth and it is an annual trip we make, but we will be going from mid Oct from now on as the snow melts and falls are over and the weather is more settled. There is the chance we might go up and hit the spawn run next year as well fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:08 am

Marty.A wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
Marty.A wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:Good fish mate! well done. Was that the only one for the trip? did any of the other guys get any?

Cheers, Anth
Thanks mate a few were caught Anth but most days it was a combination of rain, wind and light snowfalls so it was hard to fish both the river and the lake in the pic is the snow showers we got a lot of ,most guys we spoke to were doing it tough as well ill post some more of my captures tomorrow :thumbsup:
No doubt it would have been tough going with that kind of weather. Were you getting ice building up on the tip of your rod and line roller?
Awesome to be over that way anyway. I can't wait till I can get back there. Such a beautiful place.
So does that mean you're hooked and back every year or what? There isn't much you can compare to walking a nice river and catching a trout on a lure.
This was my 4th time there Anth and it is an annual trip we make, but we will be going from mid Oct from now on as the snow melts and falls are over and the weather is more settled. There is the chance we might go up and hit the spawn run next year as well fingers crossed. :thumbsup:
The spawn run is the time to go. Beautiful weather and heaps of monster fish!

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:47 am

Great birthday present Marty, well done on catching your first river trout too mate, hopefully this will get you right into river fishing for trout..
That's a nice size brown to catch as your first river trout as well, good job.. Nothing beats fishing in a beautiful scenic area such as you did either..

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

troutandbream.com

Post by troutandbream.com » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:51 am

Great report Marty. :a_goodjob:

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:48 pm

Thanks for the threads on the Eucumbene trip - that fish is a pretty good one to open the river-caught trout bank on! I've set a goal to try out some new trout water this season, Eucumbene is on the shortlist!

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:59 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:Thanks for the threads on the Eucumbene trip - that fish is a pretty good one to open the river-caught trout bank on! I've set a goal to try out some new trout water this season, Eucumbene is on the shortlist!
No probs mate that trout was caught in the upper reaches were the Snowy Mts Hwy crosses the river near Kiandra then you have all the area's near the river mouth at Camp Denison ,definitely worth a trip and the scenery is amazing as well already looking forward to the next trip :thumbsup:
Attachments
IMAG1656.jpg

Return to “Other Species”